Transfer Non-B Visa

Hi,

My Irish passport was damaged so I sent back for it to be replaced. However, they didn't return the old, damaged passport.

I have my new passport, a letter from the embassy to request transfer of visa, photocopies of old passport and all the original TM.30 etc.

However, immigration have said they will not transfer the non-b visa without the old passport. Well, that's what they told the school rep.

Any advice on what I should do next, or what the procedure is?

Since you are Irish citizen Thai Authorities do not have any authority to request ....you old passport.

Since you have official certified letter from the Irish Embassy Τhai Authorities .......is illegal......and you are legal.

Unless , they do not accept the certified letter from the Irish Embassy. Αctions must be taken by the Irish Embassy and letter from the embassy.

Maybe they want you to provide them and......... birth certificate.

• Haha 2

Report the old passport lost at your loal police station. where did you lose it? Somewhere in the building where the embassy is.

Go to your immigration office and whatever copies you have of your passport and get your extension of stay, etc transferred to your new passport.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Paris333 said:

Since you are Irish citizen Thai Authorities do not have any authority to request ....you old passport.

Since you have official certified letter from the Irish Embassy Τhai Authorities .......is illegal......and you are legal.

Unless , they do not accept the certified letter from the Irish Embassy. Αctions must be taken by the Irish Embassy and letter from the embassy.

Maybe they want you to provide them and......... birth certificate.

Immigration's argument will be quite simple: they cannot transfer stamps from the old to the new passport without having the old passport to see what was in there. In 2023, this argument might be specious (the necessary information is all online) but it is legal.