Billing brawl: Furious Thai man triggers chaos over Lotus’s overcharge

snoop1130

12 hours ago, bignok said:
13 hours ago, BenStark said:

You seem to have missed this part of your own post.

She said Weera turns aggressive when someone takes advantage of him.

Maybe you don't mind being taken advantage of

Expand  

Over a free bag? 

No, it was not over a free bag, you need to read the OP in full.

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I don't know how a cashier can make a mistake by scanning the bar code. So what was the 'mistake'?

It is irrelevant but it's not difficult to inadvertently scan an item more than once.  She corrected her mistake and apologised.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, she made a public statement because of the bad publicity the video generated for her business.

maybe raise the child to be more civil and these things wouldn't happen. i know i freak out in grocery stores quite often even though i am suffering myself. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Being taken advantage of and a cashier making a mistake and then apologising are two very different things. 

Yes. But he would probably experience it as being the same thing. And would possibly rate her apology as following as a result of being caught. The man is evidently mentally ill.

29 minutes ago, jacko45k said:
51 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Exactly.  And their sentiments, more often than not, are irrational and unoriginal.

I thought the topic was about some local guy throwing a tantrum in a Lotus supermarket.... is that rational and original?

The topic is, the comments, frequently, are not.

Do none of you have an ounce of compassion for someone who is suffering and being treated for depression, which is a serious mental health problem!  Mental Health issues of any description can lead to what most people would regard as irrational outbursts, especially if they forget to take, or run out of their medication.

People on here are far too quick to condemn without the full facts.  Any of us could suffer from mental illness at some point in our lives, I know, I have been there, and the last thing that is needed is callous, derogatory remarks.  Compasdsion and understanding is the best way to help someone with Mental health problems.  Please remember this.  Thank you.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, BenStark said:

You seem to have missed this part of your own post.

She said Weera turns aggressive when someone takes advantage of him.

Maybe you don't mind being taken advantage of

Another TikTok user revealed in the comment section that the man was angry because the cashier overcharged him. The cashier admitted to her fault, apologised, and solved the issue, but he was not satisfied. 

quote "The cashier admitted to her fault, apologised, and solved the issue".

If it were me I would have accepted the cashiers apology and that would have been the end of it. 

The plonker however was not satisfied, and IMHO opinion, should not be allowed out without holding his Mummy's hand. In his Mummy's other hand she should carry a big stick to whack him with when he screws up.

However I am a grown up farang of 79 years and not a spoilt brat.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not really that bothered by the man's actions as I'm sure you have to have been there to know what really happened. I believe this could be more a reaction to poor customer service, as being made to wait an hour to see the manager must have definitely exacerbated things. My wife has made a scene a few times in stores where the staff have been rude to her/us for no reason (it's usually the ones who think they are prettier than everyone else). Even when a staff member says sorry, you can see if they are actually sorry or not through their attitude and the manager needs to be called. Sometimes a scene needs to be made to let them understand what can and cannot be said to custimers. 

The man lost his cool, poured some drink on the floor and that's it. No biggie. 

On 6/29/2023 at 1:39 PM, BusyB said:

Yes. But he would probably experience it as being the same thing. And would possibly rate her apology as following as a result of being caught. The man is evidently mentally ill.

I’ve seen many Thais exhibit this type of behaviour in my 33 years here. 

Are they all mentally ill? ????

Lock up the rude idiot, who completely lacks any sort of decorum, or manners. At least 90 days for disorderly behavior.

And question his parents.

Why did you fail so miserably?

Did you teach him anything?

Was he ever disciplined, or did you spend his entire childhood and adolescence telling him how special he was?

53 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I’ve seen many Thais exhibit this type of behaviour in my 33 years here. 

Are they all mentally ill? ????

I don't know. This man strikes me as such though. You not?

19 hours ago, BusyB said:

I don't know. This man strikes me as such though. You not?

As I said, I have seen many Thais exhibit similar behaviour and mental illness is always the excuse from the media, relatives and friends. 

Perhaps they are just poorly educated, self-centred, ignorant wretches that lose control when they don't get their own way or face adversity. ????‍♂️

Maybe they are actually mentally ill, without a proper doctor's diagnosis, who knows.