Cheap and best hair cut for men in BKK?

Don Chance

Asians and westerners have very different hair, so unless you go to someone with lots of experience cutting westerners' hair, chances are it's not gonna be perfect. The bit more expensive places in tourist areas are usually the best choice.

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

Love the cheap charlies who think they can get a good haircut for 100-150 baht... A good cut, from someone who can swing a pair of scissors (and not just an electric clipper) is going to cost you 300-500 baht, minimum. 

In all fairness...I used to get a pretty good fade in Chiang Mai for 250 with tip.  Bangkok...forget it...600-700 is the range to get a proper fade

Edited by happydreamer

2 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

Love the cheap charlies who think they can get a good haircut for 100-150 baht... A good cut, from someone who can swing a pair of scissors (and not just an electric clipper) is going to cost you 300-500 baht, minimum. 

BS. The last 15 years I have had my hair cut by a great female cutter. After covid the prices went up to 120 for a shave and a cut. She is quite happy when I give her 150. Plenty of these all over Thailand. You just need to know where to look. I dont know of any long term residents who pay the price you quote. Most often the higher price is  because they are in a mall or a pricy area.  Lots of great barbers and stylists for the locals bro.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, iaminwa said:

Tew's Barber Shop's - about 600 Baht, the only one I trust in Bangkok with my luscious locks.

You always see foreigners in these shops and there's a reason why - they are good!

Yes, but it must be cheap as well!

5 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

During the pandemic, I started cutting my hair myself. It looks no worse than most of the haircuts I've had over the years. It does help if you have someone who will tidy up the back for you.

Me to, my haircut is called Phillips 3mm

• Like 1
  • Haha 1