Seeking alternative health insurance quotes to Pacific Cross/Prime..

Scouse123

12 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Pacific Prime is a broker.

I was confused with the similarity between the names, however, I have since realized I used Pacific Prime as the broker and Pacific Cross as the insurer.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 9:10 AM, Andycoops said:

My new PC policy has gone from 27580pa to 38412pa for the renewal this month and moving into the 66-70 age bracket.

However they have offered a new policy at the same premium which covers some outpatient cover not previously available.

Those premiums seem impossible for your age bracket. Would you elaborate on what coverage you actually have,,thanks

I was speaking to the rep from Pacific Prime yesterday and she basically said that they are very keen on checking up claims at Pacific Cross, and it's true premiums are linked to claims as well as age related.

She did say that the majority of disputes with company and client tend to be a result of the client not informing about pre existing conditions.

I don't know what is true.

Cigna re quoting me in the region of 93K THB which is double Pacific Cross. Also, their quote was for a semi private room, not a private room, and cover applies only to Thailand and the UK, not to Asia such as Cambodia and Vietnam where I often travel.

I am awaiting the quote from April International insurance, not April local insurance, from the French based company.

The agent informed me the last quote I received from April was not an international based quote from April, but a Thai based quote, so they obviously have one for Thailand/Asia as well as an International quote.

So, I have been following up on all advice given here on the board.

• Thanks 1

On 7/3/2023 at 11:29 PM, Scouse123 said:

I was speaking to the rep from Pacific Prime yesterday and she basically said that they are very keen on checking up claims at Pacific Cross, and it's true premiums are linked to claims as well as age related.

She did say that the majority of disputes with company and client tend to be a result of the client not informing about pre existing conditions.

I don't know what is true.

Cigna re quoting me in the region of 93K THB which is double Pacific Cross. Also, their quote was for a semi private room, not a private room, and cover applies only to Thailand and the UK, not to Asia such as Cambodia and Vietnam where I often travel.

I am awaiting the quote from April International insurance, not April local insurance, from the French based company.

The agent informed me the last quote I received from April was not an international based quote from April, but a Thai based quote, so they obviously have one for Thailand/Asia as well as an International quote.

So, I have been following up on all advice given here on the board.

Cigba Global offers 2 plans:  "Close Care"  which is limited to country of residence and country of nationality, and Global Health which covers worldwide (2 options: including or excluding USA). You apparently got quote only for the latter.

The issues I mentioned for PC are clearly written into the policy. You do  not have to rely on anecdotal reports, it is there in black and white. 

• 1 month later...

Has anyone used the AXA SmartCare plan? That's a rather new plan and insures only in Thailand as opposed to the AXA SwitchCare which insures in Asia. Premiums are considerably lower and coverage looks ok. What I don't understand is that they set limits "per illness". What does that mean? Is that per illness/ per year or is that over a lifetime? Big difference, but the Terms & Conditions don't clearly explain that. 

On 8/10/2023 at 11:26 PM, C3PO said:

Has anyone used the AXA SmartCare plan? That's a rather new plan and insures only in Thailand as opposed to the AXA SwitchCare which insures in Asia. Premiums are considerably lower and coverage looks ok.

I guess if your under 65 you can get a quote

If over 65 need the Switch Care policy

If over 71 need the International Exclusive policy

Not sure if this might be an option for you....i am 76 yo american...covered in usa by medicare a and b  as well as good supplemental so pretty much covered for everything. 

Since getting medicare at age 65 i canceleld the BUPA in patient that i once had  knowing that as i get older they would jack the rates or even refuse to insure me....so what i have done is to go in usa for complete phyiscal about a month before my annual six months in Thailand...i am very much aware that it is not fool proof but at least i try to identify if i have any lurking problems before i go to Thailand and if so deal with it in usa....if no obvious problems i go to Thailand and after 3 months get another physical in Thailand to once again see if any obvious lurking problems...again i do know there are no guarantees that i might not still have a major event in thailand but i do feel this somewhat reduces the chances of a big Thai hospital bill....  just a thought as may well not apply to others

13 hours ago, pomchop said:

Not sure if this might be an option for you....i am 76 yo american...covered in usa by medicare a and b  as well as good supplemental so pretty much covered for everything. 

Since getting medicare at age 65 i canceleld the BUPA in patient that i once had  knowing that as i get older they would jack the rates or even refuse to insure me....so what i have done is to go in usa for complete phyiscal about a month before my annual six months in Thailand...i am very much aware that it is not fool proof but at least i try to identify if i have any lurking problems before i go to Thailand and if so deal with it in usa....if no obvious problems i go to Thailand and after 3 months get another physical in Thailand to once again see if any obvious lurking problems...again i do know there are no guarantees that i might not still have a major event in thailand but i do feel this somewhat reduces the chances of a big Thai hospital bill....  just a thought as may well not apply to others

Seems a bit overkill, you had a full health check in the USA and then go to Thailand for six months, that's sensible.

so why do you need another full medical three months into your trip in Thailand, when you have just had a full US medical four months previously?

6 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Seems a bit overkill, you had a full health check in the USA and then go to Thailand for six months, that's sensible.

so why do you need another full medical three months into your trip in Thailand, when you have just had a full US medical four months previously?

well i am getting old and have seen way too many of my friends who seem fine one day and then wham get hit with something out of the blue...it is dirt cheap to have at least a basic physical in thailand with a lot of blood work etc and is worth it to me for what little peace of mind it can provide...but i am aware that no physical can necessarily predict what may be brewing as u get older and older...

I always remember bill clinton who as POTUS for 8 years had detailed exams every year and i would think some of the best tests/docs ever....but even with all that a year or two later he had quadruple heart surgery...i am no doc but do wonder if they did not see at least a few signs of that coming (and maybe they did ?)  anyway up to you re exams etc

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Whats wrong with the AN promoted one? Expat health insurance banners everywhere times 10.

Screenshot_2023-08-17-02-03-25-41.png

When you are advertising so heavy (annoyingly) you either are expensive or you aren't getting the business.

• Thumbs Up 1