Is England good enough?

Goat

14 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Bloody Pom's ????

Just a bunch of cranky guys. 

Looosen up chappies. 

Now I know why the Pom's are always complaining, they get it from their P.M. ????

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/world/uk-news/2023/07/04/rishi-sunak-australia-ashes/?utm_campaign=Morning+News+-+20230704&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Adestra&lr_hash=

It's funny how when the poms win it's within the rules but when they lose it's against the spirit of the game. Why didn't stokes call Duckett from the field with the Starc catch. Been out for 100 years that catch.

Why didn't Broad walk in 2013 after edging to first slip?

Baz stumped Murali on a 100 celebration with team mate.

Just kharma catching up with them.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Now I know why the Pom's are always complaining, they get it from their P.M. ????

I dont think i have ever seen so many man children with such frail egos.

To think that the PM would carry on like this to try and be popular with the low IQ masses in a pathetic attempt to win a few votes.

2 hours ago, bignok said:

It's funny how when the poms win it's within the rules but when they lose it's against the spirit of the game. Why didn't stokes call Duckett from the field with the Starc catch. Been out for 100 years that catch.

Indeed. The rules they made themselves.

Its always someone else's fault with these people.

14 minutes ago, Goat said:

I dont think i have ever seen so many man children with such frail egos.

To think that the PM would carry on like this to try and be popular with the low IQ masses in a pathetic attempt to win a few votes.

Shows how unpopular he is and clueless on the game. Keepers try to stump batsmen! Been like that for 100 years!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bignok said:

Shows how unpopular he is and clueless on the game. Keepers try to stump batsmen! Been like that for 100 years!

They all stink of desperation. From the PM to the players trying to make out it would have made a difference to the result.

They would have lost anyway.

They usually do. 

3 hours ago, bignok said:

This is one where we were robbed and it changed the result.

https://www.news24.com/news24/kasprowicz-was-not-out-20050808

5 minutes ago, Goat said:

They all stink of desperation. From the PM to the players trying to make out it would have made a difference to the result.

They would have lost anyway.

They usually do. 

You must be blissful in your ignorance.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

You must be blissful in your ignorance.

Out of the 359 tests Australia and england have played, did you know that England have only won 111, or 30.9%.

Less than one in three.

59 minutes ago, Goat said:

Out of the 359 tests Australia and england have played, did you know that England have only won 111, or 30.9%.

Less than one in three.

Don't let facts get in the way. Poms like to dream.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, RayC said:

If this is what it's like when Australia win, Christ knows what it will be like if they lose!

It will be surprising.

Doesnt happen very often.

• Haha 1

Finding the tabloid driven controversy a bit of a laugh and a yawn.

Highlight of the ashes: the ridiculous long room fiasco. You have gotta love the waxwork figures come to life that are the MCC members. Straight out of central casting or Monty Python's Upper Class Twits

We need more from those old self-entitled farts, completely unaware of their self parody.

And all this occurring against the backdrop of a major report condemning elitism and lack of diversity in cricket!! Wonderful stuff!

What a pack of gutless low life animals picking on elderly women and young kids.

Steve Smith’s mother was abused and a 11-year-old child of one member of the Aussie Ashes touring party was left in tears during the Ashes.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/aussies-call-for-extra-security-amid-family-fears-in-ashes-furore/news-story/d2d3c9896d4cf78bb03be67d15f86620

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Aussies will at least retain the Ashes, despite losing every toss. While mathematically possible I cant see England winning from here.

They are just not good enough.

This test will probably be a draw due to the weather. 

On 7/20/2023 at 10:31 AM, Goat said:

I think the Aussies will at least retain the Ashes, despite losing every toss. While mathematically possible I cant see England winning from here.

They are just not good enough.

This test will probably be a draw due to the weather. 

This test is going really well for England now, who look set to make it 2-2 in the series. In this form, England can expect to retain The Ashes at The Oval, where the body of English cricket will continue to be preserved and treasured. 

B. Army

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

This test is going really well for England now, who look set to make it 2-2 in the series. In this form, England can expect to retain The Ashes at The Oval, where the body of English cricket will continue to be preserved and treasured. 

B. Army

Good luck with that - check Manchester weather forecast. 

• Like 1