How Much Would YOU Pay to Live in a TESLA Home, in THAILAND?

Dear Friends,

Wouldn’t you just LOVE to import and live in your very-own TESLA Home here in Thailand? 

I know I would.

But, how much would you be willing to pay to do so?

You could plunk down your TESLA Home on almost any plot of land of your choice, probably via a long-term lease.  You could easily upstakes and transport your TESLA Home to other locations, probably almost in the blink of an eye.

You would not need to worry about connection to any utilities, electric, water, etc., in most cases. Here is a link in Thai for TESLA Powerwall if you might need extra power to run UV Grow Lights for various reasons:  https://www.tesla.com/th_th/powerwall

Thailand is known for adequate rainfall during the raining season.  And one could store the water in a TESLA cistern, for example, if they offer them. And, they probably do offer water storage technology, too.

Sorry, People, this TOPIC is solely concerned with possible benefits of the TESLA HOUSE, mostly manufactured in a factory.  Therefore, it would not be on-topic if one were to post comments about Musk, such as those made by people who opine that Musk is Our Savior of the Earth, or that Musk is The Greatest NitWit-in-Chief, etc., etc., etc.

Personally, I find Musk an extremely interesting enigma, a puzzle within a riddle, whose mind was bent by his attempt at Penn to study Quantum Physics at a slightly deeper level while an undergrad. But, that is neither here nor there for the purposes of this Topic. Musk is a very nice human, I believe, but human at best.

I find the idea of living in a TESLA House appealing for many reasons. I also am interested in accessorizing my TESLA House with TESLA Home-related products, when they become available. But I would never add a Tesla automobile because I don’t like to go fast; speed is wasted on me at my age.

I really like the idea of owning a TESLA house, and there are rumors, according to this article, that Musk actually lives, or has lived, in his own TESLA house, not surprisingly…. https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-tiny-house#the-spacex-connection-1

The concept I find most appealing is that this mini-dwelling seems to require no utilities connections, and provides freedom to move….

I have found all sorts of TESLA Home pricing on the internet, so I will not add a dreamed-up purchase price here. And then, you would probably need to pay currency conversion costs, international freight & logistics charges, import charges, port charges, customs clearance fees, import duties & taxes and local delivery.

So then, does living in a TESLA House on your own leased piece of ground in Thailand sound like fun to you?

And, what does it feel like to walk around inside a Musk House?

Does this video accurately portray the experience?:

Regards,

Gamma

• Love It 1

A TESLA house built entirely of Steel and Concrete and EPS foam?

Will these Tesla Homes be impervious to Thailand's flying ants (termites)?

Termites can eat almost anything, but will they be able to eat a Musk House?

For Thai homeowners, termites are a nightmare, as you can see from this video:

Excellent vlog work by this Expat living in Thailand!

• Love It 1

Plot of land would need to be prepared with foundation for the box to sit on including utilities (water, Electric (if not running a power wall) and sewerage) to connect to.

Shipping sea freight - Bt,200,000 (Estimate).

Internal truck shipping - Bt,30,000 (estimate).

Land preparation - Bt,250,000 (Estimate).

Tesla Box  - Bt,1,763,500.00

Total - Bt.2,243,500.00 not inc import taxes.

A lot of coin for a 34sqm box that has to sit on leased land.

If box living is your thing probably better to buy a condo !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Plot of land would need to be prepared with foundation for the box to sit on including utilities (water, Electric (if not running a power wall) and sewerage) to connect to.

Many of us have found that condo-living has its challenges, such as noise from all sides due to thin-wall construction, zero soundproofing, and the fact that very few condo owners in Thailand have wall-to-wall carpeting. I have noticed that if the guy above me drops a 10-Baht coin on his floor, I can easily hear it bouncing through my ceiling.  If you happen to have a 100 kilogram male walking back and forth in the unit above you, mostly on his heels, then you are facing loud pounding sounds at all hours. Living on the top floor of the building is one option to solve the noise issue, but then there is often extreme heat generated by solar radiation, 24-hours, due to poor engineering and insulation. The concrete roof of the condo building acts as a heat sink and stores a tremendous amount of heat. I have found many more issues while living in condos in Thailand.  Finally, I gave up and rented a completely detached house.

Anyway, thank you for this detailed input.

I searched, myself, but I was unable to find this information.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I have found many more issues while living in condos in Thailand.  Finally, I gave up and rented a completely detached house.

I too live in a detached....Would prefer to neck myself than live in a box.

• Like 1

From the public persona of the guy who runs the business I would expect the report of any problems with the product will be met with wise cracks and attempts at personal insults. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bendejo said:

From the public persona of the guy who runs the business I would expect the report of any problems with the product will be met with wise cracks and attempts at personal insults. 

That's all part of the fun of owning a Musk House, IMHO.

I actually very much enjoy Musk's humor, kitchen sink and all.

Anyway, he's a fellow alumnus of mine, and maybe this explains his taste in humor.

I like his thinking about manufactured housing, but it must be totally off-grid-capable before I will show much excitement about the concept.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Love It 1

20 minutes ago, bendejo said:

I cannot find any links to Musk other than his company SpaceX purchased one in 2021, A purchase Musk himself denies living in.

The "Tesla Home" thread titles appears to be nothing but clickbait.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ralf001 said:

I cannot find any links to Musk other than his company SpaceX purchased one in 2021, A purchase Musk himself denies living in.

The "Tesla Home" thread titles appears to be nothing but clickbait.

Yes.

I agree with you...not much in the video...sorry.

And, concerning accurate information about Tesla houses, this seems, also, difficult to come by.

The BUSINESS INSIDER article I linked originally, however, does seem to provide a bit of information on the subject.

• Love It 1

9 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Yes.

I agree with you...not much in the video...sorry.

And, concerning accurate information about Tesla houses, this seems, also, difficult to come by.

The BUSINESS INSIDER article I linked originally, however, does seem to provide a bit of information on the subject.

image.png.bcdc38e5ff2ce37fa978f957051ef132.png

Edited by Ralf001

40 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

image.png.bcdc38e5ff2ce37fa978f957051ef132.png

From this further information you thankfully posted, I see that some of these Musk-type TESLA houses have proven to be "leaky and moldy", which are two qualities that would not be appreciated here in Thailand.  There is already enough black mold in the few dwellings I have seen where I am.

It seems that somebody might be capitalizing on the TESLA name to sell Tesla houses, even though there is apparently no connection. Even the typeface of some of the brand seems identical.

As I also stated in the OP, Musk is such an enigma, and an unsolved riddle, a persona that seems to tickle his funny bone.

Very high-quality prefab houses which are ultra-efficient and nonpolluting, and ultra-resilient, is, one would think, a type of product sorely needed by millions if not billions, around the world.  Maybe Musk should stop making automobiles and work on the housing problem, instead.

Just in case it might be of interest, here is a link to a New York Post article on the subject. If you cannot trust the New York Post, then whom can you trust?

https://nypost.com/2021/07/05/elon-musk-is-living-in-a-prefab-tiny-house-worth-only-50k/

I just hope that somebody here might be able to reach out to Elon for comment and clarification concerning any TESLA involvement in this or any other house manufacturing scheme.

Musk is such a mystery.

• Love It 1

5 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

From this further information you thankfully posted, I see that some of these Musk-type TESLA houses have proven to be "leaky and moldy", which are two qualities that would not be appreciated here in Thailand.  There is already enough black mold in the few dwellings I have seen where I am.

It seems that somebody might be capitalizing on the TESLA name to sell Tesla houses, even though there is apparently no connection. Even the typeface of some of the brand seems identical.

As I also stated in the OP, Musk is such an enigma, and an unsolved riddle, a persona that seems to tickle his funny bone.

Very high-quality prefab houses which are ultra-efficient and nonpolluting, and ultra-resilient, is, one would think, a type of product sorely needed by millions if not billions, around the world.  Maybe Musk should stop making automobiles and work on the housing problem, instead.

Just in case it might be of interest, here is a link to a New York Post article on the subject. If you cannot trust the New York Post, then whom can you trust?

https://nypost.com/2021/07/05/elon-musk-is-living-in-a-prefab-tiny-house-worth-only-50k/

I just hope that somebody here might be able to reach out to Elon for comment and clarification concerning any TESLA involvement in this or any other house manufacturing scheme.

Musk is such a mystery.

Rumoured to be living in a Boxabl  house does not make it a fact.

The only person that seems to be touting this leaky and moldy box as a "Tesla House" is you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd take a box home over a condo, if I/wife owned the land.    Though that's a wash, condo monthly fee vs land rent.

34 m² doesn't cut it, as my eat in kitchen is 40 m² now, and we use it all.   

Edited by KhunLA

13 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Rumoured to be living in a Boxabl  house does not make it a fact.

The only person that seems to be touting this leaky and moldy box as a "Tesla House" is you.

I agree with the first sentence of your reply.

However, I may have been misled by the advertising and might have erroneously come to the conclusion that the Boxabl house, in which Musk reportedly admitted living, might have somehow been connected to him.

And yet, when one googles Tesla Home, there is a lot of tesla homes that seem to pop up.

• Love It 1

14 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I'd take a box home over a condo, if I/wife owned the land.    Though that's a wash, condo monthly fee vs land rent.

34 m² doesn't cut it, as my eat in kitchen is 40 m² now, and we use it all.   Could swap out the wife's sewing area for bed area.  

Still a bit tight, and 50 m² would be livable and minimum.  Need small laundry & closet area.  Though 50 m² is really all that is needed.

150116372_242053720785822_5805540990271703955_n.jpg

I completely agree with your reasoning and preference.

A highly resilient, high efficiency, well-designed house, maybe offered in a range of sizes from 50sqr meters, and up, is what is needed.

For one, I would NEVER live in something that felt like a trailer home, living among trailer trash.

However, a high quality prefab house made of resilient materials, and mass produced, able to be planted almost anywhere, and purchased at significantly lower cost than any other alternative...I would like to see this.  Is such a product impossible?

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Love It 1

In Australia post World War II, we had "Myer Homes". Built with prefabricated concrete walls, a corrugated iron roof. Paper fluff ceiling insulation. Cold as a pawnbrokers' heart in winter, hot as the Great Sandy Desert in summer. Tesla homes sound the same to me seventy years on, with connectivity added.

I tend to buy things that have established a solid reputation, and let others be the lab rats.

16 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I agree with the first sentence of your reply.

However, I may have been misled by the advertising and might have erroneously come to the conclusion that the Boxabl house, in which Musk reportedly admitted living, might have somehow been connected to him.

And yet, when one googles Tesla Home, there is a lot of tesla homes that seem to pop up.

Exciting attractable article titles do not make fact either.

image.png.f0e1cd4e7c25b25f9ff02e3049defb09.png

12 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

For one, I would NEVER live in something that felt like a trailer home, living among trailer trash.

I'm apparently not neighbor friendly, why condos don't agree with me, and would need a lot to put it on.

If single, guess that would be the only choice though, the condo route.  As owning is the only way I'd live here, renting is just a waste of money, for me.

I always play the long game.  If renting, then I'd just go nomadic, and not in TH.

50 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I'm apparently not neighbor friendly, why condos don't agree with me, and would need a lot to put it on.

If single, guess that would be the only choice though, the condo route.  As owning is the only way I'd live here, renting is just a waste of money, for me.

I always play the long game.  If renting, then I'd just go nomadic, and not in TH.

The downside to buying in Thailand is the lack of control of the environment around the home you purchase. 

Are there zoning regulations, for example. Does a cottage industry suddenly move in next door? 

A new neighbor decides to buy 10 more barking dogs. 

I would never buy property in Thailand. 

A house that could be easily moved seems the best option. 

Leasing land cannot be very expensive in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I completely agree with your reasoning and preference.

A highly resilient, high efficiency, well-designed house, maybe offered in a range of sizes from 50sqr meters, and up, is what is needed.

However, a high quality prefab house made of resilient materials, and mass produced, able to be planted almost anywhere, and purchased at significantly lower cost than any other alternative...I would like to see this.  Is such a product impossible?

Apparently some good business is being done by converting shipping containers into residences.

You can already buy this in Thailand, not made by Tesla, but by local Thai manufacturers. Here one from Google as example: https://akingwall.com/

The folding concept is new though, but I don't really see the advantage of it. You need to take all the furniture out, put the furniture in one truck, and the house on the other. Without folding you just put two boxes with the furniture still in them on two trucks.

OP, why didn't you buy a house like this already?

Edited by FriendlyFarang

38 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The downside to buying in Thailand is the lack of control of the environment around the home you purchase. 

Are there zoning regulations, for example. Does a cottage industry suddenly move in next door? 

I can add to your statement.A couple years ago they knocked down the house next door in my moo ban.Little did we know its now a rental "pool villa" in Booking.com. Its 4 br so foreign(Chinese) groups rent it to party hardy. Unfortunately our bedroom is on the poolside.Its an unpleasant feeling to get woken up at 3am to loud yelling etc.When my wife calls the moo ban lady she apologizes and thats it until next time.I have ordered an air horn out of desparation.If anyone can give me some suggestions please provide.Sleepless in Pattaya.We've lived in this house for 17 years and really don't want to sell and move.

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Yea, it's a bit iffy. as after our build started, someone bought the small lot next to us, and started raising chicken.  Horrendous smell, and we had that shut down.   Took a bit of effort, no money, but all relevant agencies followed through and did the right thing.

He shouldn't have been allowed to start in the first place.  Wife had to go over everyone's head (village & tambon heads) to Amphur environmental folks.  Then they, local heads got on board also.

Once involved, shut down, dirt scraped & replaced within 6 weeks and smellin' fresh again.  Just in time for us to move in, as house was getting finished.

You really have to choose wisely, and we thought we did.  Small lot didn't help, as last house, we controlled 6 rai.  Another reason why we bought the lot across from us here, and other neighboring lots are spoken for, and not going to be a future problem.

Edited by KhunLA

7 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

yeh, seems a bit steep for a knockdown house, which is basically all it is,
with a premium price for the musklovers

7 minutes ago, patman30 said:

yeh, seems a bit steep for a knockdown house, which is basically all it is,
with a premium price for the musklovers

Comes on a steel frame (a guess), so just like a trailer/mobile home, you could load it up and move it if need be, wanting.  But cost here/TH, would be silly of course.  

฿2 mill should give anyone a decent home to live in, own if having partner, or going condo.

Depending on age, or simply rent, as cheap enough, giving option to move around, if needed/wanting to do.

If coming here/TH, at 65 ish yrs old, how long do you plan on living, to get any ROI by building/buying a home ?

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jaideedave said:

can add to your statement.A couple years ago they knocked down the house next door in my moo ban.Little did we know its now a rental "pool villa" in Booking.com. Its 4 br so foreign(Chinese) groups rent it to party hardy. Unfortunately our bedroom is on the poolside.Its an unpleasant feeling to get woken up at 3am to loud yelling etc.When my wife calls the moo ban lady she apologizes and thats it until next time.I have ordered an air horn out of desparation.If anyone can give me some suggestions please provide.Sleepless in Pattaya.We've lived in this house for 17 years and really don't want to sell and move.

Considering that they are probably breaking many laws, should not be too difficult to get at least one of the authorities interested in this case. Obviously you have to do more than calling the moo baan lady who doesn't give a crap.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

3 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

These Boxabl houses are not easily moved though.

If that is your desire, buy a caravan.

• Thumbs Up 1