Three drones intercepted while 'heading for Moscow', according to Russian state media; War not over until we have Crimea back, Zelenskyy says

Social Media

image.png

Volodymyr Zelenskyy says he will not consider the war to be over until Crimea is back in Ukrainian hands. And the Russian security service claims parts of an "explosive device" used in an assassination attempt on the Moscow-backed head of Crimea have been found.

Video Report

image.png

9 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

And yet, most in Crimea happily left the UA behind and have no desire to return ... IMHO ... from what I've read.

image.png.df5190adefc170a898016f5343e6857d.png

Crimea

1 minute ago, Mr Derek said:

The vast majority of the population of Crimea is Russian. If you believe in democracy, then Crimea should be part of Russia. End of.

What say we rerun that referendum when Crimea isn't under military occupation, all original residents have returned and any new transplants from Russia are not allowed to participate.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, heybruce said:

What say we rerun that referendum when Crimea isn't under military occupation, all original residents have returned and any new transplants from Russia are not allowed to participate.

And if that fails to give you the results you want, maybe will do best out of 5 .... and so forth.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Do you actually believe that any vote under Russian control is real?

I can say the same about anything coming from UN or NATO.

Still looking for them WMD ? 

You'll never know the truth, and it's a UA, Crimea, RU issue.  Shouldn't even affect the rest of the world, and yet, how much did petrol cost or electric prices rise since last year or so. 

How many energy/fossil fuel/oil companies reported record profits.

hmm ... go figure

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

I don’t know if Ukraine will succeed in evicting the Z fascists from Crimea or not but I do think doing so would signal a real victory rather than what might be coming an eternal conflict Korea type of situation.

Edited by Jingthing

23 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

We heard the same kind of dangerous Isolationism leading up to WW2.

Almost all of Europe & SEA (WW2) ... is a bit different than the simple regime change of UA, that many were unhappy with, and prefer to not be part of any more.  Along with inhabitants of the districts wanting out, mostly having Russian heritage.

Many possibly not even happy to be part of the UA at all for the past 30ish yrs, since that other referendum & independence.

As always, who to believe.  Been lied to too many time by my govt, so I don't believe anything, and again, it's a regional issue.  

But meddling in other's affairs is hugely profitable.  Morality has nothing to do with it ... IMHO

Believe what you want.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Almost all of Europe & SEA (WW2) ... is a bit different than the simple regime change of UA, that many were unhappy with, and prefer to not be part of any more.  Along with inhabitants of the districts wanting out, mostly having Russian heritage.

Many possibly not even happy to be part of the UA at all for the past 30ish yrs, since that other referendum & independence.

As always, who to believe.  Been lied to too many time by my govt, so I don't believe anything, and again, it's a regional issue.  

But meddling in other's affairs is hugely profitable.  Morality has nothing to do with it ... IMHO

Believe what you want.

Some wars are necessary.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

And if that fails to give you the results you want, maybe will do best out of 5 .... and so forth.

No.  Just one referendum without military occupation and with only the pre-2014 residents. 

• Like 1