Radio Equipment (hamradio)

moo9

Hi,

does anybody of you knows a place in Pattaya, where you can buy some Radio stuff (Mobile, Handheld Transceivers 145 Mhz)?

I do have a Thailand Radio License, but I did not take any equipment with me to Thailand, so I'd like to buy something here.

I know some places in Bangkok, but I am too lazy to travel there just for this purpose. :o

Thanks.

Moo9

On Naklua Road.

about 100 meter before the traffic lights on the right hand side. It's a pretty small shop, so you best walk from the traffic lights in the direction of pattaya on the left hand side and take a good look. Old style wooden building if I recall...

Another one is in Baan Amphoe, on the highway towards Sattahip, about 1 km past Ocean Marina on the left hand side when driving towards Sattahip.

On Naklua Road.

about 100 meter before the traffic lights on the right hand side. It's a pretty small shop, so you best walk from the traffic lights in the direction of pattaya on the left hand side and take a good look. Old style wooden building if I recall...

Another one is in Baan Amphoe, on the highway towards Sattahip, about 1 km past Ocean Marina on the left hand side when driving towards Sattahip.

Hi Monty,

thanks....but there are quite a few traffic lights on Naklua Road. So you mean the traffic light at the crossing with Soi Potisan?

Moo9

Nope, the main traffic light in Naklua, where you have the electric/electronic shops (TV/Stereo/Fridges etc) on the corners...

Ok thanks...I see....gonna take a look there now!

Nope, the main traffic light in Naklua, where you have the electric/electronic shops (TV/Stereo/Fridges etc) on the corners...

Ok thanks...I see....gonna take a look there now!

Hi Monty a good hint!

Nice guy and I am going to buy a radio there!

Thanks again.

Moo9

I had a license in Europe years ago. Didn't keep up the annual payments though and think it'd be probably be a lot of hassle to recover it, if at all possible. How difficult is it to get a license from scratch in Thailand? Is there a "farang scene" for hams in Thailand?

I had a license in Europe years ago. Didn't keep up the annual payments though and think it'd be probably be a lot of hassle to recover it, if at all possible. How difficult is it to get a license from scratch in Thailand? Is there a "farang scene" for hams in Thailand?

Hi,

for licensing go here RAST Homepage

About the scene, hmmm I don't know really. I am staying here for over one year, but never used it.

There are many farangs licensed in Thailand and there are monthly club meetings in BKK.

Rgds

Moo9

Thanks for the link moo9. Oh my, I should have known that they would administrate and legislate something like this to death too - If I understand correctly, THREE licenses are needed here - one for the operator, one for the equipment and one for the location. I think I'll let the idea rest. Thanks anyway :o

Thanks for the link moo9. Oh my, I should have known that they would administrate and legislate something like this to death too - If I understand correctly, THREE licenses are needed here - one for the operator, one for the equipment and one for the location. I think I'll let the idea rest. Thanks anyway :o

That's true. I have a licensed Thai friend who assisted me in obtaining the amateur radio license very much. The radio (equipment) license can be provided by the shop where u are buying your stuff. The location operating license is quite easy to get.

Nothing is easy here, unless you pay enough :-)

Moo9

Might get some funny looks asking for "ham" radio in thailand

:D Guess what, I was waiting for this comment.... :o

Fortunately there is a slight difference in pronouncing "ham" and "ham".....

Moo9