Suvarnabhumi immigration when with Thai spouse

Does anyone know if you can enter via the Thai passport side at Suvarnabhumi when holding a re-entry permit (I have Thai PR) and travelling with a Thai spouse ? In London, my wife can enter via the UK channel (if accompanied by me) so I was wondering if Thailand reciprocates. Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

If you have permanent residency in Thailand, you can use the Thai channel for entry with or without your Thai wife.

Ability to use the Thai channel at immigration is one of the benefits of having PR.

Yes, but as far as I’m aware this service is currently suspended. I asked at the airport to register for the auto channel (E-gates) when I left in December, and was told it wasn’t possible.

22 minutes ago, MartinL said:

Came through with my wife last week, coming from UK. As we approached the 'parting of the ways' for Thai and Foreign Passports, an official, with no prompting, said "You can go (through the Thai channel) together". Once in the Thai channel, we were directed to the 'Priority' booths, along with other Thai/foreign couples and even a Jordanian couple with children.

It seems they're quite amenable.

Same Same

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

In London, my wife can enter via the UK channel (if accompanied by me) so I was wondering if Thailand reciprocates. Thanks

Twice entered with my wife and asked if she could go with me through UK channel. 

' No need sir ' was the answer and he then opened a lane especially  for the two of us !!

No queue,  straight to an immigration  desk. Through in 5 minutes.

Sadly , didn't  do us much good as I had booked and paid for a mini cab meet and greet allowing for 45 minutes to get through immigration. 

Even that failed to turn up and after waiting an hour and a half had to take a bus.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

No.

Thai PR holders can pass thru Thai only lanes -Manual lane

E gates are for Thai nationals only

This is what I assumed to be the case. But a UK PR holder friend had this put in his passport when he asked in 2018. Some data redacted for obvious reasons. 

IMG_0013.jpeg

1 hour ago, Wiggy said:

Yes, but as far as I’m aware this service is currently suspended. I asked at the airport to register for the auto channel (E-gates) when I left in December, and was told it wasn’t possible.

There are manned Thai channel gates upon arrival at Suvarnabhumi. I've used those since my autochannel registration expired some years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

There are manned Thai channel gates upon arrival at Suvarnabhumi. I've used those since my autochannel registration expired some years ago.

Thanks. Have you tried to re-register for the auto channel? 

2 hours ago, rimmae2 said:

Autochannel which PRs could use has been out of use since December 2019. Previous to this date I had used auto channel at least 100 times leaving SVB and same time entering.

I have departed SVB on an international flight about 20 times in the last year, all on TG first or business class. Frequently after passing though TG fast track I have walked to the Immigration counter where autogates are and enquired as to the status. Invariably the answer regarding when the autogates will be open has been different. Two days ago the answer was waiting for the new Government.

Recently on a related topic I read about reopening of autogates for Hong Kong and Singapore passport holders next year.

Thank you. This is what I had been told as well. So it seems the service is indeed currently suspended. Hopefully it’ll return soon.
I’m leaving Monday and travelling with my wife so I’ll aim to come through the Thai channel on our return. 

My Thai Wife and Thai Stepdaughter traveled together with me to the USA at the end of march, returning at the end of April. Leaving Thailand (Suvarnabhumi), entering the USA (Atlanta), leaving the USA (Dulles) and returning to Thailand (Suvarnabhumi) we were processed together as a family.

• Thanks 1

You don't have to have PR, O visa with spouse, First Class or Business Class to speedily pass through immigration. With LTR and Elite visas you can use Fast Track for both entry and exit through immigration. 

I was flying into the US with my GF (both USC's) and I approached the CBP officer alone and handed him my passport.  She waited at the line to go next.  He could see we were originally together so asked why she didn't step up with me and told her to come forward.  I remembered this on our next trip and we approached the CBP officer and presented both passports together.  He looked up and said "You're not married?" I replied "No". He curtly told her to get back behind the line and wait her turn.  Damned if.you do, damned if you don't. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

If you have permanent residency in Thailand, you can use the Thai channel for entry with or without your Thai wife.

No need to have PR if over 70, can also use fast track on departure.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Denim said:

' No need sir ' was the answer and he then opened a lane especially  for the two of us !!

No queue,  straight to an immigration  desk. Through in 5 minutes.

Gatwick per chance?

There is a guy on the lanes there that is married to a Thai. End of May he asked us if we needed to go the desk and did the same, had a quick chat with him.

Saw him again a couple of weeks later when we came  back into the UK, waved us over and straight to a desk. Great service but unfortunately they are not all as helpful.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Wiggy said:

I have PR and returned from Sweden on Tuesday. I went into the Thai Natiional line, alone. As mentioned earlier, PRs are supposed to go through the Thai National line. I was told this by Immigration when I received PR.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Gatwick per chance?

There is a guy on the lanes there that is married to a Thai. End of May he asked us if we needed to go the desk and did the same, had a quick chat with him.

Saw him again a couple of weeks later when we came  back into the UK, waved us over and straight to a desk. Great service but unfortunately they are not all as helpful.

No, this was Heathrow. Happened on our 2nd and 3rd trips. Once at Terminal 2 and again at Terminal 5.

Funnily enough , the first time I took my wife to the UK , I just got in the international queue just to help her through immigration. Quite a long slow queue. Had not been in it long when an amazing thing happened. An ex Filipino girlfriend of mine came up to us wearing an immigration officers uniform !!

" Hi ----- , long time no see "

She then pulled my wife and I out of the queue and took us straight to the front to a free immigration officer !!

Pretty amazing coincidence I thought. Lovely girl but as thick as two short planks. Fortunately , being attractive , she always landed on her feet and pulled some good jobs down. Well done her and lucky me.

Going back again in August for two months , this time alone. I am sure that without my lucky talisman I'll get stuck in a mile long queue. ( There is actually a security strike planned for the next day )

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

At Suvarnabhumi Airport. The immigration police process autochannel applications at a facility in the departure area just past where departing passengers clear immigration. 

Is that service only available for those who have permanent residency? 

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Is that service only available for those who have permanent residency? 

Autochannel was for those with Thai citizenship or for those with Permanent Residency. In recent years, it has been suspended for those with PR.