Suvarnabhumi immigration when with Thai spouse

6 hours ago, Srikcir said:

You don't have to have PR, O visa with spouse, First Class or Business Class to speedily pass through immigration. With LTR and Elite visas you can use Fast Track for both entry and exit through immigration. 

Old age also brings speedy immigration processing. 

16 hours ago, Denim said:

Going back again in August for two months , this time alone. I am sure that without my lucky talisman I'll get stuck in a mile long queue. ( There is actually a security strike planned for the next day )

I went back Aug 21 into Heathrow and fortunately alone. The E gates were still out of use from the pandemic and the queue was unbelievable. I had allowed a couple of hours to get the coach but after about an hour I was only about a third of the way down the queue, looked like I would be catching the next one.

Fortunately as I was on a U bend of the snake on the E gate side they took the decision to open up the E gates and a lady opened the barrier right next to me. I was straight over and first through. Bags were waiting and got to the coach with time for a coffee.

Good luck when you go.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

I went back Aug 21 into Heathrow and fortunately alone. The E gates were still out of use from the pandemic and the queue was unbelievable. I had allowed a couple of hours to get the coach but after about an hour I was only about a third of the way down the queue, looked like I would be catching the next one.

Fortunately as I was on a U bend of the snake on the E gate side they took the decision to open up the E gates and a lady opened the barrier right next to me. I was straight over and first through. Bags were waiting and got to the coach with time for a coffee.

Good luck when you go.

Thanks. Last three visits a breeze so hoping my luck continues.

Could I ask, if you are travelling alone with your half Thai child who obviously has a Thai passport, without your wife. Is it possible to use the Thai lane on entering Thailand.

Thanks. 

Edited by dontpanic

3 hours ago, dontpanic said:

Could I ask, if you are travelling alone with your half Thai child who obviously has a Thai passport, without your wife. Is it possible to use the Thai lane on entering Thailand.

Thanks. 

I imagine it would be almost a requirement, depending on the age of the child.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dontpanic said:

Thanks. 

I would assume so (depending on age as already mentioned ). A polite enquiry to a staff member at the airport should suffice. 

• Thanks 1

Recently on arrival (I have Thai PR) a youngish female Immigration official - steering the hordes to their queues - insisted I join the foreign queue despite having seen my white book and stating it's the nationality of passport that counts.I shrugged and complied but mentioned to her that the rules have apparently changed.She was adamant but to my surprise appeared a few minutes later and told me to come with her to the priority queue.I'm guessing my remark that the rules had changed had unsettled her and she had then consulted her boss.I should say the complete encounter was business like in tone and without a hint of hostility on her side or my side.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jayboy said:

Recently on arrival (I have Thai PR) a youngish female Immigration official - steering the hordes to their queues - insisted I join the foreign queue despite having seen my white book and stating it's the nationality of passport that counts.I shrugged and complied but mentioned to her that the rules have apparently changed.She was adamant but to my surprise appeared a few minutes later and told me to come with her to the priority queue.I'm guessing my remark that the rules had changed had unsettled her and she had then consulted her boss.I should say the complete encounter was business like in tone and without a hint of hostility on her side or my side.

Obviously, it would have been better if she knew the rules. However, kudos to her for changing her decision (which involved some loss of face). That is quite unusual in a Thai official.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BritTim said:

Obviously, it would have been better if she knew the rules. However, kudos to her for changing her decision (which involved some loss of face). That is quite unusual in a Thai official.

Yes, I had the same thought - a different and less hidebound generation one hopes and less obsessed with face.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2023 at 2:10 PM, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

If you have permanent residency in Thailand, you can use the Thai channel for entry with or without your Thai wife.

Ability to use the Thai channel at immigration is one of the benefits of having PR.

Dont need PR. If you are married to a Thai, you can use the manual Thai lanes. Simple as that.

59 minutes ago, jimn said:

Dont need PR. If you are married to a Thai, you can use the manual Thai lanes. Simple as that.

I think your Thai spouse would need to be traveling with you for you use the Thai lanes under such circumstances.

Edited by Etaoin Shrdlu
  • Like 1

On 7/6/2023 at 3:31 PM, Jaxxper said:

If it's obvious you are travelling together the people directing the traffic normally direct you both to the Thai immigration desks.

This has been the case for me, if I am traveling with a Thai, I go through the Thai passport booths.

Note that this is different from the AutoChannel system, which seems to be resting at the moment.

• Like 1