What Is A 'good Breakfast'?

stroll

What do you prefer, bacon and eggs with toast or fishpaste fried rice with sweet sausage (kao pat kapi)? Croissant with milkcafe or pat-ong-go(fried bread puffs) with warm soymilk?

What is the strangest breakfast you had here?

My strangest was a ricesoup with crispy dried fish and bbq scorpions on a sideplate.

ulster_fry.JPG

beer.gif

Advertising your product?

Looks as good as Crazy Dave's in Soi Chaiyaphum, Pattaya.

My usual with the family is Kha tom muu, but on my own I either have nothing or call in CD's. But next week I'm in Singers again and get brekkie for free in the hotel. The downside is that the next meal will be about ten at night.

The last time I was back in the UK we went for a breakfast at the local greasy spoon cafe.

They advertised a breakfast as the "undertakers friend", it had all the above plus cheese on toast and bigger portions but swimming in a sea of fat.

After living here I couldn't face it.

Wot... no black-pudding

Harry Palmer, please look before you leap....what is that dark stuff right in the middle of the plate?

right. in. it.

Hockey Pucks, thats right.

C'mon ... someone has changed the image. Earlier on I distinctly recall there being two fried eggs... they reminded me of so many Thai girls :o

There is a decent version of the 'undertaker's' at a local cornercaf in Barnet, where I will make myself sick in about 3 weeks time. My Thai family would live on that portion for 2 days, and I'll have to make sure to make it more digestible with a couple of pints of real ale in the adjecent pub before I collapse.

After that I'll be gorging myself with a potatoe and cheese bake with chips and mushy peas, and a pot of Yorkshire tea which you can stand your spoon in, if Virgin trains will permit me to reach my destination in the North before my return flight.

if Virgin trains will permit me to reach my destination in the North before my return flight

Wow you can afford to take a train in the UK.

How much did you win on the lottery?

To donate to Mr. Branson's new helicopter fund buy a ticket Monday morning Piccadilly Manchester to London Euston,180 miles, absolute bargain £100 and as an extra non optional extra you get to stand up.

That's the best looking breakfast i have seen in thailand.

Would hope it tastes as good as it looks.

Bring on the colesterol !!!!!!!!!!!! :o

angie

Well you ain't seen my breakfast yet.

Coincidentally it matches the number of posts you have made.

"69" is the breakfast of champions.

When my wife asks what I would like to eat (and before I get a chance to reply) she says "I talk about fooood"

My favorite breakfast, especially after a night's piss-up is a big bowl of Jok!. With lots of ginger, fried garlic, corander, couple raw eggs and the rice just soft enough. Life dosen't get any better! :o

if Virgin trains will permit me to reach my destination in the North before my return flight

Wow you can afford to take a train in the UK.

How much did you win on the lottery?

To donate to Mr. Branson's new helicopter fund buy a ticket Monday morning Piccadilly Manchester to London Euston,180 miles, absolute bargain £100 and as an extra non optional extra you get to stand up.

<deleted>! Why are trains so expensive in England? Makes the Skytrain seem incredibly good.

<deleted>! Why are trains so expensive in England? Makes the Skytrain seem incredibly good.

Not only that with the amount of accidents that have occured since they privatised and subbed out the maintainance contracts to shall we say questionable contractors

you might like to take out some more life insurance just in case.

As the Potters Bar crash a while ago the announcer said the train now arriving at platform one, two and three is coming in sideways.

At least here the trains run a bit slower but you can get some decent food and a beer without taking out a second mortgage and also you stand a very good chance of getting to your destination in one piece.

EVERYTHING is expensive in UK, pays for the EU and the dossers. A pint of beer is about THB150 and that's a good price! If you want bottled stuff then you're looking at THB190-200 for 330ml.

One reason why I'm selling up and coming to Thailand.

stroll: I will be in Barnet, off and on, in September and October. Where exactly is the cornercaff that you recommend, please?

Where do you go in the North?. I am from the place that made Jowett Cars (Idle, between Bradford and Leeds), where they still make fish and chips as good as you'll get anywhere (and a bit cheaper than most places).

As posted in the Pattaya Topics forum, had brekkie in 'Fatties' on Sunday. Not impressed. Crazy Dave's is better. Not tried the Munch Shack lately, even though it is much nearer. Will do when I get back from Singapore in a couple of weeks.

Ah, Garden Hotel b&b - with scrambled eggs, beans, bacon, sausage, ham, fried spuds, but NO BLACK PUDDING :o .

And across the road is another hotel with pretensions of being an English Country House - with a dinner to match. I will put on ten kilos - lots of running when I get back, and swimming. It's a hard life.