Blastoff blunder: Rocket festival misfire leaves Isaan locals injured on main road

webfact

image.jpeg

The rocket from a recent Rocket Festival in the Isaan province of Amnart Chanroen fell onto the main road of a community and exploded, resulting in injuries to three locals.

ThaiRath spoke to locals about the rocket accident that occurred on the evening of July 4 at Baan Pathum Kaew Community, Phana district of Amnart Charoen province. A 53 year old woman named Mayuree Phantima recounted the incident to the media saying she was lucky not to be injured.

Mayuree explained that she, family members, and neighbours were having dinner together outside her house. As she made her way to a nearby grocery shop, she heard the loud cry of her neighbour, 61 year old Promma Manjai, shouting out, warning everyone about the falling rocket.

According to Mayuree, the rocket suddenly fell from the sky and exploded on the road. The community was enveloped in smoke and some of the locals were injured.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via ThaiRath

#news

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/blastoff-blunder-rocket-festival-misfire-leaves-isaan-locals-injured-on-main-road

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-07-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

I guess those that sent the rocket up didn't do Step 2 thinking and realise that what goes up must come down.

As a young teenager in the UK I used to deliver newspapers before most people were out and about, and after the night of November 5th I'd often see spent rockets in the road. But they weren't the huge deadly things that Thais like to send skyward with absolutely no thought of the possible consequences.

They do the same with Loy Krathong lanterns, which sometimes set fire to things when they come down.. Step 1 thinking = Launch. Step 2 thinking = they have to come down thought not available to Thai.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Thai Space programme .....must do better , to the Moon next.

regards Worgeordie

Thanks. I too am a fan of the Thai space program.

I look forward to the planned landing on the Sun.  

• Haha 1