What hobbies do you have,what keeps you busy?

jvs

There are a lot of retired people on here and i guess a lot of people have hobbies

but also a lot of people seem to be bored

What keeps you busy?

We have a big garden and a lot of animals,some times i do not even go out for a week.

And you?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Golf. Making videos on various topics and posting them on YouTube. I'll never get rich with them; however, it is creative.

Writing my autobiography, now at 153,000 words. IMO I've had an interesting life.

Playing pa som sip ( Thai national card game ) with my GF, It's cut-throat, 10 coins each, who wins them all wins a 20 baht note. A lot of swearing in Thai and English.

Trying out new restaurants, learning Thai, reading books, and listening to mostly classical music.

Posting on ASEAN. With my background in science, sometimes what I post is useful.

You are a busy person,when will you finish your autobiography?

1 minute ago, jvs said:

So you are not living in Thailand then?

Still here, until I can resettle back home. No hunting, Bass or Pike fishing. Mostly pay and fish besides big reservoirs I haven't tried yet here, and not the species I'm into, although I did catch some huge carp and catfish here in Phuket. Isaan most boring place I've ever seen regarding what I like, so as soon as I can, going back.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Electronics.  Working on a Time Machine at the moment.  Things are progressing. 

Posted just now. Of course because time is always now. The future does not exist.  Yeah, right. 

Define present

35 minutes ago, jvs said:

You are a busy person,when will you finish your autobiography?

When I die. I add to it occasionally when I feel an event is of interest to myself and others.

It's a legacy to my son, who probably won't publish it because he got his mother's prude gene.

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Birds watching, the human kind i mean, but seriously, i dabble in Numismatics, the buying and selling of coins medals and banknotes.

Old coins also?

35 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Electronics.  Working on a Time Machine at the moment.  Things are progressing. 

Posted just now. Of course because time is always now. The future does not exist.  Yeah, right. 

Make sure you time machine has a battery pack,

• Thumbs Up 2

Gym; weight training, boxing (training, cardio only, these days). Listening to music (most kinds). I enjoy walking (with my dogs, and sometimes family ????).

Trying new restaurants / food, and the occasional bar. Traveling, domestic and abroad. Reading, internet, and occasional DIY on our home and properties. Sounds like a lot but this is just weekends and holidays, when I ain't working.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Computer, electronics, 3d printing, currently my condo renovation, home automation, later maybe I will build a CNC machine. 

And obviously enough time to drink espresso and eat good food.

3d printing is very interesting,maybe in the near future we do not need to buy small things anymore,all you will need is the program to print what you want.

Pay for the program and print it yourself,or go to the local print shop.

1 minute ago, huangnon said:

Gym; weight training, boxing (training, cardio only, these days). Listening to music (most kinds). I enjoy walking (with my dogs, and sometimes family ????).

Trying new restaurants / food, and the occasional bar. Traveling, domestic and abroad. Reading, internet, and occasional DIY on our home and properties. Sounds like a lot but this is just weekends and holidays, when I ain't working.

Sounds like enough to keep you out of trouble.

Do you live here?