What hobbies do you have,what keeps you busy?

jvs

2 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Do you enjoy killing animals ?

Is this what good christians like to do ...?

I have more affection for buddhism , I won't do something alike .

Don't eat meat , protect all animals and their habitat ...

Do you eat, then you are killing something.  You just can't hear it scream in agony.   Plants vocalize distress due to lack of water, then don't when watered.  You just can't hear it, or the pain and anguish caused while harvested.  Humans can't hear the frequencies, but they are there.

There are no good Christians  ... since born sinners.

Just now, Nabbiex said:

Juggling (yawn...), learning/teaching online (yawn...), exploring google (yawn...), cafe (yawn...), dating (yawn...), & fathering (yawn...)  

Maybe you should ad drinking coffee?

22 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Computer, electronics, 3d printing, currently my condo renovation, home automation, later maybe I will build a CNC machine. 

And obviously enough time to drink espresso and eat good food.

Am also into 3D printing.

I run a Ender 5 currently but am designing and building a new one..... not sure why but seemed like a good idea when I started printing bits for it hundreds of hours ago !!

Other hobbies include car audio and ridin me pushie.

image.png.3f4f2af3cd55150db8f97741b69e0d77.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nabbiex said:

Juggling (yawn...), learning/teaching online (yawn...), exploring google (yawn...), cafe (yawn...), dating (yawn...), & fathering (yawn...)  

Could always play a game of Russian Roulette for excitement.  

Technically it’s not allowed but I spend a lot of time helping the wife with her business, out of sight and in the house and driving her to the city. Do a lot of gardening and taking care of the property. Never dull moment with her, we keep each other well entertained.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Am also into 3D printing.

I run a Ender 5 currently but am designing and building a new one..... not sure why but seemed like a good idea when I started printing bits for it hundreds of hours ago !!

Other hobbies include car audio and ridin me pushie.

image.png.3f4f2af3cd55150db8f97741b69e0d77.png

Interesting

Which controller do you (intend to) use?

I bought a Duet-3 for my future CNC machine. It seems those are also very good controllers for 3d printing. 

23 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Electronics.  Working on a Time Machine at the moment.  Things are progressing. 

Posted just now. Of course because time is always now. The future does not exist.  Yeah, right. 

22 hours ago, jvs said:

3d printing is very interesting,maybe in the near future we do not need to buy small things anymore,all you will need is the program to print what you want.

Pay for the program and print it yourself,or go to the local print shop.

Not just small things. 3D printed houses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHSYEH133HA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7-PATZNZYYhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5xK2wWUIxw

23 hours ago, jvs said:

3d printing is very interesting,maybe in the near future we do not need to buy small things anymore,all you will need is the program to print what you want.

Pay for the program and print it yourself,or go to the local print shop.

Not just small things. 3D printed houses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHSYEH133HA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7-PATZNZYY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5xK2wWUIxw

Edited by phetphet
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, klauskunkel said:

This was a perfectly nice, entertaining and interesting thread until the first self-righteous poster showed up.

U're German ?

I say what I want , I do what I want , what you people think about it ... could not care less ...

Calling me self-righteous because of what I say , is a sign of arrogance , and arrogance is linked to stupidity .

• Sad 5
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, watgate said:

I, quite frankly, am very impressed with the talent on display. I wish I had a tenth of the skill level shown by posters here. I am challenged since I currently live in Isaan and I am really not into farming or gardening like my wife is. I try to maintain some resemblance of normalcy by great walks in the morning, either by myself, or if it is not to muddy, with the dogs. My wife also understands and enjoys our traveling within or outside Thailand to break up the monotony which surfaces from time to time. My one regret is I wish their were some places not to far where one could go to have a chat from time to time with other expats. I do like the relative peace and tranquility here but sometimes it would be nice to be able to go to a mall or have a broader selection of places to frequent such as coffee shops.

Yes you are very right,there is a lot of knowledge and experience coming out in this thread.

A few not so great posts but those are mostly by the same people in many topics but they are best ignored.

Maybe you get inspired to try something new or meet some people near you to pursue some activity.

I have a few hobbies and one passion that i have had since i was seven years old and finally i can devote a lot of time into it but after nearly 60

years i am still learning.

Great to see most posts are positive and it does expose the human behind a lot of comments.

Keep it coming folks.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, watgate said:

I, quite frankly, am very impressed with the talent on display. I wish I had a tenth of the skill level shown by posters here. I am challenged since I currently live in Isaan and I am really not into farming or gardening like my wife is. I try to maintain some resemblance of normalcy by great walks in the morning, either by myself, or if it is not to muddy, with the dogs. My wife also understands and enjoys our traveling within or outside Thailand to break up the monotony which surfaces from time to time. My one regret is I wish their were some places not to far where one could go to have a chat from time to time with other expats. I do like the relative peace and tranquility here but sometimes it would be nice to be able to go to a mall or have a broader selection of places to frequent such as coffee shops.

I could meet with you. Where do you live? I spend time in Khon Kaen, Udon, Nong Khai.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, bignok said:

Killing animals for fun is pretty sad. Also very backward thinking.

Perfectly OK if you eat what you kill IMHO.

Deer, rabbit, boar, elephants will quickly destroy their environment if left to breed unchecked.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Interesting

Which controller do you (intend to) use?

I bought a Duet-3 for my future CNC machine. It seems those are also very good controllers for 3d printing. 

Board - BTT Octopus V1.1.

Screen - BTT Rasberry Pad 5.

• Thumbs Up 1

Muay Thai 5 x a week. Just for exercise. Keeps my blood pressure normal.

Reading. Watching old movies with GF's daughter.

Trying to show her the good stuff. At 10 y.o. Titanic (1997) is old to her. The Terminator (1984), and Cool Hand Luke (1967) are positively ancient. ???? She keeps asking if she can watch Kill Bill. Don't know where that came from

Trying to improve my swimming technique...not very successfully.

Looking after GF's rabbit.

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Perfectly OK if you eat what you kill IMHO.

Deer, rabbit, boar, elephants will quickly destroy their environment if left to breed unchecked.

Hmm ... about the destruction of the environment , one species is clearly dominant in this ...

May be should better be killed and eaten by ( the last surviving ) wildlife ...?