Would You Care to Submit Your TOP Nomination for "The Youtuber Darwin Award"? Here is Mine.

Dear Friends,

We all must acknowledge spending way too much time on UTUBE, I would guess.

UTUBE is a great resource that offers us brilliant lectures from learned scientists and intellectuals on almost any topic. I would never be one to speak against spending much time watching UTUBE if one were to confine one’s viewing to the more uplifting content on offer.

However, there is another side to UTUBE which is a bit troubling. I am referring to the content uploaded to UTUBE by those who take risks seeking fame for doing stupid things.

My heart bleeds for the UTUBERS who, in seeking a billion viral views, risk their young lives. Yet, still, for this select group, there should be “The Youtuber Darwin Award”, and I would really love to know if you might already be thinking of your Top Nomination, if you could only nominate one YouTuber, out of the many.

HERE is my TOP Nomination.

And, I must say, “It’s a DOOZY”.

Also, I will not waste words here describing the video that led me to select my TOP Nominee. Fortunately, another UTUBER, a PhD in Psychology, has thoughtfully done this work for me.  AND, I bet that you will agree that this PhD has done a bang-up job with his analysis of this UTUBER’s stunt.

I would be very surprised if this PhD does not provide you with a few chuckles, as he relies on his rather understated DEADPAN humor to describe and analyze the fiasco. 

Before nominating your nominee for The Youtuber Darwin Award, please view the following video, and see if you can top it.  If you can, I would be surprised.

A truly interesting case.

A textbook case in Abnormal Psychology, one might say.

But maybe you can top it?

Doing so will not be easy.

Regards,

Gamma

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

6 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Dear Friends,

UTUBE is a great resource that offers us brilliant lectures from learned scientists and intellectuals on almost any topic. I would never be one to speak against spending much time watching UTUBE if one were to confine one’s viewing to the more uplifting content on offer.

However, there is another side to UTUBE which is a bit troubling. I am referring to the content uploaded to UTUBE by those who take risks seeking fame for doing stupid things.

My heart bleeds for the UTUBERS who, in seeking a billion viral views, risk their young lives. Yet, still, for this select group, there should be “The Youtuber Darwin Award”, and I would really love to know if you might already be thinking of your Top Nomination, if you could only nominate one YouTuber, out of the many.

HERE is my TOP Nomination.

And, I must say, “It’s a DOOZY”.

Also, I will not waste words here describing the video that led me to select my TOP Nominee. Fortunately, another UTUBER, a PhD in Psychology, has thoughtfully done this work for me.  AND, I bet that you will agree that this PhD has done a bang-up job with his analysis of this UTUBER’s stunt.

I would be very surprised if this PhD does not provide you with a few chuckles, as he relies on his rather understated DEADPAN humor to describe and analyze the fiasco. 

Before nominating your nominee for The Youtuber Darwin Award, please view the following video, and see if you can top it.  If you can, I would be surprised.

A truly interesting case.

A textbook case in Abnormal Psychology, one might say.

But maybe you can top it?

Doing so will not be easy.

Regards,

Gamma

You don't need to watch this video which is a very long winded description of  a Nut Case causing his own death!..No wonder the guy was Nuts....The presenter said he was "Raised by an Ant" (@ 9mins 12 seconds).

Also you don't need to waste your time watching videos of people doing Stupid things....Sometimes a photo will do the trick!

A4.png

Edited by Troy Tempest

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

However, there is another side to UTUBE which is a bit troubling...........................

No, we must not acknowledge spending too much time on UTUBE. As you say yourself in the following sentence, it is full of valuable content (sometimes of the very highest standard) and it has helped me many times not only in my fields of interest but as a problem solving tool as well. It is a real blessing that so many people feel inclined to share their knowledge about anything and be it not so weird. So if you are looking for something specific you are most likely to find it !

Of course when there is a lot of sun there is shadow as well. It is up to you what you watch and what you dont. Watching for a while will get you soon a feeling for what is good and what is a pure waste of time. And many contributions are much more entertaining then any TV show I have ever watched.

I would be careful with so called "news". I never even have a look at them on UTUBE. And the more technical possibilities of forgery of pictures, films and sound progress the more critical this issue becomes.

Edited by moogradod

5 hours ago, Troy Tempest said:

You don't need to watch this video which is a very long winded description of  a Nut Case causing his own death!..No wonder the guy was Nuts....The presenter said he was "Raised by an Ant" (@ 9mins 12 seconds).

Also you don't need to waste your time watching videos of people doing Stupid things....Sometimes a photo will do the trick!

A4.png

I DEFINITELY agree with your view that it is NOT necessary to watch videos of people doing stupid things.

This is why I did NOT post the video of my nominee for "The Youtuber Darwin Award" in the Original Post.

It is sufficient to have someone else watch the stupid act, and then analyze the act, and what might have led to the act.

Please, if you have time, refer to the video I posted in the Original Post, and see if this video meets with your approval.

I am confident that it will.

Thank you. 

• Love It 1

3 hours ago, Purdey said:

There is a large website that has been highlighting Darwin Award winners for many years. It is the originator of the Darwin Awards. 

https://darwinawards.com/

I had never heard of this site until you linked it here.

I doubt I will spend much time on this website, but I might have a look if only to satisfy my natural-born inquisitiveness for all things curious.

• Love It 1