Foot surgeon recommendations in Bangkok

lowp

Hi, I am looking for a recommended foot surgeon to perform the minimal invasive cheilectomy procedure in Bangkok. Cheilectomy is where excess bone on top of the big toe joint (MTP) is removed as it causes a limited range of motion (Hallux Limitus) & gait changes. The traditional cheilectomy opens most of the top of the toe joint whereas the minimal one has 2 small incisions (single stitch each) on either side of the toe with a much shorter recovery time. My situation was caused by overuse and a toe compromised by prior toe breaks. I was doing about 2000 vertical feet in an hour on a pretty steep treadmill most mornings. I think I caught it early enough as I have no pain just an odd tightness that never goes away...then I realized too late that excess bone was being laid down in my bodies self protective attempts. Thanks

15 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Moved to health forum.

Suggest

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/doctors/Bavornrit-Chuckpaiwong

https://www.siphhospital.com/en/medical-services/doctor-biography?id=202

(same doctor, different hiospitals. 2nd one will cost slightly less).

I also saw Dr Bavornrit a few years ago, and was very impressed.  No bull<deleted>, very pragmatic approach.   

20 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Very few podiatrists in Thailand. 

What exactly is the problem?

Hi Sheryl. I don't want to go into too much detail, but I attended a hospital here a few weeks ago and the price quoted to shave some hard skin on the side of my foot was to say the least ridiculous. So, I asked my son to do it with a large rough foot sander. Unfortunately, he went at it far to vigorously and took  the skin off the bottom of my foot, not the hard callous. Needless to say it is quite raw although not bleeding and makes it very difficult to walk. I have used Derma Huw cream and Reparil Gel but to no real effect. Any suggestions gratefully received. 

If you can find an aloe vera plant apply the gel. And stay off the foot as much as you can.

If only raw and no sign of infection there isn't much a podiatrist can do even if you could find one.

• 9 months later...
On 7/15/2023 at 8:37 PM, Sheryl said:

If you can find an aloe vera plant apply the gel. And stay off the foot as much as you can.

If only raw and no sign of infection there isn't much a podiatrist can do even if you could find one.

What do you do with an ingrown toenail in Thailand, Is there no podiatrists/chiropodist?
Looks like my big toe might be getting infected with this now. 

50 minutes ago, Startmeup said:

What do you do with an ingrown toenail in Thailand, Is there no podiatrists/chiropodist?

There are very few podiatrists. Where are you located?

otherwise dermatologist may be able to manage it

1 hour ago, Startmeup said:

My local hospital confirmed they don't offer a podiatrist service and referred me to a local private clinic.

600 BHT per toenail. Booked in this coming Saturday.

9 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

My local hospital confirmed they don't offer a podiatrist service and referred me to a local private clinic.

600 BHT per toenail. Booked in this coming Saturday.

I plan on going to a local clinic in the coming days in Phuket. If nothing else I expect they can point me in the right direction. 600b seems cheap, I wonder if they provide a good service? Where are you located?