Samui Immigration. Another stupid change.

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

Its unfortunate that different offices have different requirements. 

Here in Khon Kaen we are lucky to have a pretty efficient office. 

Went to there a few weeks ago to do my 90 day, I gave my passport to the reception girl and sat down to wait to be called. Five minutes later (maybe less) the receptionist walked over and gave me my passport, so I remained seated waiting to be called, she again walked over an said "It's done you can go" :smile: 

Had equally good experiences with all my transactions there.  

Same story with me at Korat, everything goes fast and smooth. Never had anything even resembling a problem with them.

• Like 2

On 7/14/2023 at 12:20 PM, phetphet said:

someone in one of the checking windows shouted out, "90 Day Reports

They used to do that upstairs as well...thankfully I haven't had to do a 90 day report there in over two years (I do mine online now)

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 9:27 AM, bkk6060 said:

Online works great.

Last 3 years 90 day online has always worked for me, before that it was a bit of a hit or miss affair.

Having said that at the IO there is one desk that does 90 checks, no number required just hand in your passport at reception and it gets done while you sit & wait.

OP again.

After about thirty minutes queueing, someone in one of the checking windows shouted out, "90 Day Reports!" So basically all those doing it can then queue jump. A recipe for arguments.

Why they can't just open a window just for 90 day reports I don't know. Or put a 90 day report queue number machine. Too easy.

OP again.

After about thirty minutes queueing, someone in one of the checking windows shouted out, "90 Day Reports!" So basically all those doing it can then queue jump. A recipe for arguments.

Why they can't just open a window just for 90 day reports I don't know. Or put a 90 day report queue number machine. Too easy.

Sri Racha Imm has a dedicated que number system for 90 day and it works well.

Unfortunately, the creatures who run the Visa extension part undo whatever goodwill is generated by their companion departments.  Had to make 4 trips last year at 1.5 hours driving per round trip.

The first accusation they made was that my insurance certificate was fake and she refused to look up the policy number in their database.  UGGGGG.  It was of course, the original certificate obtained from LMG.

The insurance agent had never heard of this before when I explained it.  He even spoke with the IO on the phone while I waited.  She wouldn't budge and thereby loose face.  

The insurance agent did manage to save the day though.  The original document was on white paper.  He printed up a new, identical cert. on blue paper and that was accepted, however, that was just one of a few other equally silly issues.  Sad face.  555

• Like 1

OP again.

Ayutthaya IO was exactly as you stated, the small lobby would be full of people waiting to get their docs checked before you get a queue number and sometimes after a while waiting they would collect all the 90 days passports and docs to speed it up.

Now they have a separate window for 90 days only, 5 minutes tops !!

Of course online is the best way to go but it’s a bit hit and miss here, took 13 days to approve even though I had appeared in person after 1 week pending.

50 minutes ago, Mikelthai said:

To all of those Foreigners living in Thailand !

This is my first and probably my last post here. And i just want to tell you this:

I'm living for 24 years in Thailand i Love this country more then anything else

And in all those years i Never had any Overstay and Immigration Always treats me most respectful and corporate  !!

Now since I'm reading all of you're posts most of them simply ridiculous and out of the blue sky, i suggests that you blame those Foreigners who only coming to Thailand for committing crimes, or to hide, and making Overstay. And this exactly is the big problems wy the immigration Law is tighten more every year, 

You must respect thai  custom, thai law, and more importantly wait even it takes hours, smile and be happy always think positively and then you also will be get positive experiences  !

This is what i wanted to tell you all 

Greetings to all of you and take my advices 

Thank you 

Obviously a TROLL, but, o.k., I will bite. 

The op is not about the strictness of any rules, it is about the absurd stupidity with which certain offices are run. The general consensus is why are all offices not run to the same winning system. The answer is that each office is a little fiefdom for it's head man. There are, in certain offices, staff who think we are just a mere nuisance to their quiet way of life, without realising that we, in fact, pay their salaries. I personally have had mixed experiences, but on the whole am very happy with the system, and the staff. I am polite, dress accordingly, and wait patiently, as do probably 99% of expats.

I sincerely hope you make good on your promise, and make this your first, and last, post.

• Like 2

On 7/14/2023 at 8:44 AM, phetphet said:

Arrived early today to do my 90 day report. Thought to myself, “Great. Nice and quiet. Shouldn’t take long. 8:30, doors open. Woman tells me I need to go downstairs at get a queue number. 
Only two windows downstairs, for checking documents. So now stuck in a queue waiting for all the people in front to have their documents checked before I can even get a queue number.

Stupid idea.

T I T

Or not require 90-day reports at all, treating foreigners who are here legally as if they are criminals on probation.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Sharp said:

Phuket Drive through

Although you need to be driving an imported car as the window is on the passenger side ( or long arms)????

IMM.jpg

A perfect example of Thai logic. Outstanding! You couldn't make it up. Imagine the level of intelligence that came up with this.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Celsius said:

Who does 90 day reports?

Pay a fine once a year and that is it.

Who? Those of us who don't want to give them any excuse to be difficult down the road. Those who want to stay on the right side of the law. I assume, from your flippant comment, you don't. That might come back to bite you, but your choice. Carry on giving them an excuse to refuse your next visa/extension as you arrogantly refuse to abide by their rules.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Mikelthai said:

You must respect thai  custom, thai law,

Yes, but not its rampant incompetence, inefficiency and corruption. Your attitude my friend is part of the problems we all encounter here.  To pretend that they don't

exist, or are just a matter of 'culture',  is ridiculous.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

What an idiotic attitude. What,  and risk a cancelled extension and deportation? 

Wow....what a drama queen. 

Name me 1 person who got deported or even had extension refused for not doing 90 day report. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Celsius said:

Wow....what a drama queen. 

Name me 1 person who got deported or even had extension refused for not doing 90 day report. 

If following the law is being a drama queen in your eyes, and indeed risking being thrown out on the whim of an IO, then you are more than a naïve, arrogant, entitled  fool, you, and those like you,  are the reason  the rules will never change. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Doctor Tom said:

If following the law is being a drama queen in your eyes, and indeed risking being thrown out on the whim of an IO, then you are more than a naïve, arrogant, entitled  fool, you, and those like you,  are the reason  the rules will never change. 

If it was not for me and my 90 day report then the rules would be so much easier for you and other old men in Thailand. 

A truly fantastic post full of charm, wit and humor. Good job!

• Sad 1

On 7/14/2023 at 2:44 AM, phetphet said:

Arrived early today to do my 90 day report. Thought to myself, “Great. Nice and quiet. Shouldn’t take long. 8:30, doors open. Woman tells me I need to go downstairs at get a queue number. 
Only two windows downstairs, for checking documents. So now stuck in a queue waiting for all the people in front to have their documents checked before I can even get a queue number.

Stupid idea.

You often find changes like this accompany a new manager of some sort, who has decided to show everybody how useful it is by changing things around......... of course in Thai office culture no one can tell him/her that it is a stupid mistake. It will have to run until he has "an even better idea!"

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/17/2023 at 11:07 AM, Celsius said:

Who does 90 day reports?

Pay a fine once a year and that is it.

Interesting, so that is what you do? You report once a year and pay  a fine? (2000/4000 baht) - how often have you done that?

Edited by kwilco
  • Like 2