FIRST Non O retirement extension of stay with a short time rental contract.

I stay in Thailand now with a 90 days Non O "retirement" visa and will apply soon for a FIRST one year retirement extension of stay.

I rent a studio in a residence at Udon Thani in a monthly rental contract basis and few days ago I found out about the list of requirements at Immigration Office there. 

I was very surprised that they required a one year rental contract and not less because for some reasons, some of us don't want or can't stay live one year at the same place...

So, I am looking for recent testimonials from some of you who would have succesfully applied for a FIRST one year retirement extension of stay in a monthly or quaterly rental contract basis

only.

Not first-hand information, but I remember a reply from an AN member to a similar post. 

He wrote that you can buy 'standard rental-agreement forms' at a bookshop, and that it would simply be a matter of changing your current monthly rental agreement into a one-year one but adding the clause that the tenant can terminate the contract at any time during the 1-year period.  Obviously that new rental-agreement needs both your signature as well as the signature of the landlord, but as it would not make any difference for him and would ensure that your 1-year extension application is approved, he should have no objections to doing that.

• Like 1

I am here on Non O retirement visa and I have a 7 month rental agreement because I spend 5 months a year in USA. When I did my first extension I saw her go to her boss who looked at me and said OK and I sense the issue was the 7 month rental agreement. This was at CW- life was so much easier with OA visa and avoiding CW altogether. 

OP, as usual it depends on your immigration office.

For your FIRST non O using "conversion" from visa exempt or tourist visa, it's common for immigration office to accept a TM30 as it's understandable to at this early stage you have not chosen long term rental.

Suggest you ask your immigration office for definitive advice. 

Here is link with requirements for 12 months extension.

It does list rental agreement.

You can do a mok one as suggested earlier.

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, as usual it depends on your immigration office.

For your FIRST non O using "conversion" from visa exempt or tourist visa, it's common for immigration office to accept a TM30 as it's understandable to at this early stage you have not chosen long term rental.

Suggest you ask your immigration office for definitive advice. 

Here is link with requirements for 12 months extension.

It does list rental agreement.

You can do a mok one as suggested earlier.

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

Thank you for your message but this is list of requirements to apply for a 90 days Non O retirement visa in an Immigration Office, not for a one year extension of stay.

I have already a 90 days Non O retirement visa and  will apply soon for a one year retirement extension of stay.

It is a complicated process that you give your personal data to everyone without security. Since you are a citizen of Europe States - America States and you have a bank account then all other information is unnecessary.
Immigrants from Africa and the Arab States are the problem in Thailand and not from Europe States - America States.
The same applies to the fraud of private health insurance companies. You pay and think you are insured.I've been traveling in Thailand for ten years and I've never paid useless money for health insurance. In my country, I've never been to a doctor and taken any kind of medicine for more than 25 years.

• Haha 1