TV application in Vientiane - bank statements

At Vientiane they ask for bank statements for the last 3 months (I think it's the same in lots of places)

My actual statements run up to the 2nd of each month, so I give them the last three there will be a gap of about 21 days between the end of the last statement and the date of the visa application.

Should I just print the last 3 months of transactions from online banking? That seems better but I'm thinking they might say it doesn't count as a "statement".

When I made the application 4 months ago - The bank statement seemed to be the most important documents and the single reason for rejection of accepting an application. I needed to re-present  3 times and use documents from different banks I held accounts. I met 2 other people that had their Bank accounts rejected for similar reasons to my own.

If you are saying that you do have the last three months of statements and that the next statement will not be available until the next week after you apply for the visa, in my experience this would be OK.

I was rejected because my statements did not have an address on the Bank account PDF printout (not something that immediately obvious when looking at your own bank account PDF), then on the second occasion because the printout was from a mobile account, then third because  the account was a screen print of the laptop screen (not the PDF statement printout).

My advice would be to ensure the Bank statements/ PDF printed documents has your name and address and covers the length of time identified. It matters little that you are not perfectly up to date by a few weeks. Be aware that you will not actually be allowed to show other backup proof of what might be missing on the printed accounts by other means which is not actually printed ( my attempt was that I showed my real time Bank account on my mobile because it matches the transactions on the rejected printout). Other people at this time had the same issue and tried to show their online account via their mobile phone and were rejected..

I eventually succeeded by providing PDF printouts from one of my banks that I never use with no transactions on them, up to the date from the previous month which was a few weeks past, but with a balance that was sufficient for the application.

Most Importantly if you can provide account documents that actually cover the period time required and they actually look like bank statement (not screen prints) this seemed to me  when I applied to be the most important considerations and a few weeks missing will not be an issue.  

• Like 1

I had an issue with the bank statements as well. My name and the transactions were in English, but there was some Japanese written on the document (my bank is in Japan) and they would not accept it. They said the entire document must be in English. I had the mobile app as well in English, but they sent me away. This happened last month.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spambot said:

If you are saying that you do have the last three months of statements and that the next statement will not be available until the next week after you apply for the visa, in my experience this would be OK.

I was rejected because my statements did not have an address on the Bank account PDF printout (not something that immediately obvious when looking at your own bank account PDF), then on the second occasion because the printout was from a mobile account, then third because  the account was a screen print of the laptop screen (not the PDF statement printout).

Thanks a lot that's probably saved me a rejection.

• Like 2