Good news from TOT, aka NT

Guderian

3 hours ago, Guderian said:

No, it's not that they're going to start sending the bills out on time, lol.

I've had TOT fibre-optic broadband for 7 or 8 years and have been quite happy with it. It was the basic 150/50 Mbps package, but that's usually enough for my needs. Anyway, I got a call saying that they wanted to come and install a new router. My Buddha, active preventive maintenance, what is Thailand coming to? I agreed that they could come this morning and a couple of technicians spent around 15 minutes installing the new router and, as a special offer, the connection was upgraded to 1000/1000 Mbps for the same monthly fee. They checked my phone and tablet and both the TV's and made sure it was all tickety boo, and there was no fee. So a good job, TOT/NT, I'm a happy customer at the moment.

Here's the speed test, though it's only showing 600 Mbps upload speed...

IMG20230718113146.jpg.43d530ed4249ee3ae07b8a2d2cabdecd.jpg

True Fiber Optic is offering twice that speed, I hope you are not paying too much for it.

42 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

True Fiber Optic is offering twice that speed, I hope you are not paying too much for it.

He is paying the same as before,  for the previous 7 or 8 years, so I expect he is happy enough.... they are getting rid of the old network, so should upgrade for free. What are True offering now....I am still on the 1Gbps/600Mbps?

4 hours ago, Guderian said:

No, it's not that they're going to start sending the bills out on time, lol.

I've had TOT fibre-optic broadband for 7 or 8 years and have been quite happy with it. It was the basic 150/50 Mbps package, but that's usually enough for my needs. Anyway, I got a call saying that they wanted to come and install a new router. My Buddha, active preventive maintenance, what is Thailand coming to? I agreed that they could come this morning and a couple of technicians spent around 15 minutes installing the new router and, as a special offer, the connection was upgraded to 1000/1000 Mbps for the same monthly fee. They checked my phone and tablet and both the TV's and made sure it was all tickety boo, and there was no fee. So a good job, TOT/NT, I'm a happy customer at the moment.

Here's the speed test, though it's only showing 600 Mbps upload speed...

IMG20230718113146.jpg.43d530ed4249ee3ae07b8a2d2cabdecd.jpg

How about with this speed test?: https://testmy.net/

Glad you had a good experience. Mine was bad all along.

Terrible broadband Internet that I had to cancel long ago.

Last year, four months of waiting to get a non-functioning landline repaired. Nothing.

Then I canceled my landline, followed by months of bills including late fees and fines.

Dealt with TOT over the phone and in person. Glad it’s finally all done and over with. (No more spam calls is another major bonus.)

5 hours ago, CecilM said:

Terrible broadband Internet that I had to cancel long ago.

Me too, awful. And to add insult I had to sign some sheet all in Thai that I later found out was like a customer evaluation.. and they had pre-filled it,  saying I was cancelling because I couldn't afford it! 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Me too, awful. And to add insult I had to sign some sheet all in Thai that I later found out was like a customer evaluation.. and they had pre-filled it,  saying I was cancelling because I couldn't afford it! 

Hahaha. That’s a good one.

(I was given an A5 page with smily faces to rate my satisfaction. My wife said don’t be mean. I said I’m being honest.)

1 minute ago, CecilM said:

Hahaha. That’s a good one.

(I was given an A5 page with smily faces to rate my satisfaction. My wife said don’t be mean. I said I’m being honest.)

Now that I could have handled.....

On 7/19/2023 at 4:18 PM, jacko45k said:

It's not all about speed. The part that most don't understand is the contention ratio of the service, ie. how many people are sharing the bandwidth. All the cheap packages from all the ISPs have a high contention ratio, so they can tend to be unreliable and vary in speed a lot. It really depends on what your neighbours are doing, so there's some luck involved.

I have an old CAT (before the joined with TOT) business package, that has a lower contention ratio, but I'm only getting 1000/500. My beef with them is they don't look after their older customers and you have to demand more speed when you see what they offer new subscribers or you'll stay on the slower speeds forever. They like to dazzle new subsribers with cheap high speed packages that aren't usually as good as they look. Now that I see the cheap subscribers are getting 1000/1000, I'll have to go and demand more speed.

2 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Now that I see the cheap subscribers are getting 1000/1000, I'll have to go and demand more speed.

Well if you are already on fiber, yes they might make you wait. I was upgraded for free and they obviously wanted to get rid of supporting their coax cable network. (True in my case). Not that they took the old cables down! IIRC they did hit me up again later to pay a small increase for a speed upgrade... but nowadays they don't seem to get their promised numbers.... I might need to upgrade my RJ45 cable though. 

Edited by jacko45k

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well if you are already on fiber, yes they might make you wait. I was upgraded for free and they obviously wanted to get rid of supporting their coax cable network. (True in my case). Not that they took the old cables down! IIRC they did hit me up again later to pay a small increase for a speed upgrade... but nowadays they don't seem to get their promised numbers.... I might need to upgrade my RJ45 cable though. 

I've been with CAT (now NT) for over 10 years. I've had fiber since they first rolled it out. I've never been offered an upgrade, despite at times my speed being well below the standard new subscriber speeds on offer. I've always had to go and ask (demand). I actually set up a calendar reminder to review their latest packages every 3 months just to keep up with what is being offered.

• Thumbs Up 1

Been with TOT for years and it was OK ,good enough for me , now NT,

been having problems last couple of weeks ,every night about 9.30 it

would slow down to a crawl , unplug and plug the router could not watch

anything, missing bill ,the latest down session ,just the other day and it

was not even raining , something wrong with the aerial up in the market,

same excuse as last time , but I am supposed to have fibre (aerial ?) what

has that to do with it. 

regards Worgeordie 

4 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Been with TOT for years and it was OK ,good enough for me , now NT,

been having problems last couple of weeks ,every night about 9.30 it

would slow down to a crawl , unplug and plug the router could not watch

anything, missing bill ,the latest down session ,just the other day and it

was not even raining , something wrong with the aerial up in the market,

same excuse as last time , but I am supposed to have fibre (aerial ?) what

has that to do with it. 

regards Worgeordie 

Do you have a back-up, such as Mobile Internet? Cheap enough these days. 

56 minutes ago, NextG said:

Do you have a back-up, such as Mobile Internet? Cheap enough these days. 

My daughter had it ,and sometimes would use that ,but she stopped renewing,

regards Worgeordie

13 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

My daughter had it ,and sometimes would use that ,but she stopped renewing,

regards Worgeordie

Might be worth setting it up for yourself. 999 baht for 12 month with NT Wireless or if your daughter is Thai and can set it up for you initially, you can just pay as you go when you need it; 39 baht for unlimited access at 10Mbps for 7 days or 149 baht per 30 days with GoMo. https://gomo.th/package No contract necessary, just top up when your fibre connection goes down. 

Edited by NextG
  • Thanks 1

For my house I have True fiber paying monthly, comes with basic TV and mobile wifi when I am out.

For my condo I pay yearly to TOT ( NT). TV is not offered to those with foreign ID. New price for 400Mbps is 4590 B:

Image_20230727123045.jpg

Edited by Thailand J
  • Thanks 1