A Pattayan Goes To Malaysia, Part 1 Of 2

Weho

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WeHo

Surely it would be better fior you to go on package tours with other West Hollywood confreres - where you can keep within the food boundaries of the junk food generation.

Whingeing about eggs and burgers, when in Malaysia you have some of the best S E Asian food available.

Nasi Goreng, Mi goreng, Gado-gado, various meat rendangs, even down to the 'home cooking' stalls (makan rumah) that one finds everywhere. I have not pushed the satays because you may be peanut-sensitive. In the Chinese-Malay style - try Hakka Yong Tau Foo, Kai Lan in Rice Wine, Hakka Abacus Beads, Home-style Rice Wine Chicken, Tak Poo Fried Mee Suah, Khau Yoke, Hakka Fried Trotter and Hakka Five-Spice Char Yoke (just off the top of my head)

Fruit of all types add flavour to these dishes, as well as being a tasty dessert.

Eschew the trash that's spewed out from the American franchisers and get some real food.

Breakfast - rice porridge with meat or fish.

Lunch - Chinese dishes

Dinner - Malay dishes

Supper - nice cuppa (or Ovaltine and biscuits)

Edited by Humphrey Bear

I'm doing god's work.

And a fine job at it.

Are you saying I've decorated your life?

And speaking of god's work, check out my NEW TOPIC on the Bangkok Suvarnabumi Airport forum...

Edited by Weho

I'm doing god's work.

And a fine job at it.

No, I'm not a Kenny Rogers fan either.

His work was far from that of God's.

BTW- What does God do these dayz anyway?

Edited by JimmyTheMook

PURE CLASS, TROLLISM AT ITS FINEST, KEEP IT COMING!

I'm sorry that we're boring you. I took the liberty of searching for your topic postings, you know, to see what I was doing all wrong... you know, how to try to be more interesting... your topics on "Belgian Johnny", and the Nana hotel booking procedure were really gripping... to the point of being compelling. Now we all know where to look, so we can try to be more like you. You've obviously got your finger on the pulse of what people are interested in. You're the barometer of excitement. And most of your replies seem to relate to drinking and alcohol establishments... is there something you want to tell us? And your picture has what looks like are some cocktails in it... way to go! Setting a fine example.

I hope you'll start a new topic real soon. In the meantime, thanks for the attention by responding.

Maybe I'll start one called something like "how to get drunk in Pattaya".... would that be less trollistic to you? Honestly, I am pretty sure everyone who replied here, including yourself, did so voluntarily. I'm pretty sure no one was forced to reply here. I truly regret that we can't please you. If anyone WAS forced to reply here, please notify the authorities at once.

I'm now off to the breakfast buffet...

+1. КГ/АМ

Mumblin in heroin coma makes more sense. Truly great, but may I ask you to read what you typed before posting ? It might greatly improve your masterpiece, imho-ho.

The Original Post is one of my favorites of all time. Travel, and annoy the sh*t out of every assh*le you meet. What an idea! :o

Well I must say that I did start off trying to write about the tourist sights of Langkawi, and the post just went horribly wrong, didn't it... it's like it took a U-turn.

If you liked that one, you should definately check out my ALL NEW post on the AIRPORT forum, about discrimination at the Bangkok airport... it makes the conversation here seem like child's play.

I was planning a part two, of my 3 days in Penang (I'm on my last day there now), but I'm still not feeling enough love.... if you want part two, and someone writes something nasty about me here, it's up to you people to come to my defeense... if not, you may just have to imagine what happened HERE in Penang... but trust me, if you think things went South in Langkawi.... well, that's all I can say at this point... but I swear, really, I swear, the family at this morning's breakfast buffet who I saw pile in a good 20 or 30 muffins into a plastic bag, and then there were none left for ME... well, I had to say something... that was just too much. And they were from a particular region of the world, and I was surprised that they would attempt this in my presence, and think I wouldn't say anything. In the defense of the Penang muffin thieves, there was no sign that you couldn't do "take away"... but it was just too much for me to have to witness so early in the morning.

The Original Post is one of my favorites of all time. Travel, and annoy the sh*t out of every assh*le you meet. What an idea! :o

Well I must say that I did start off trying to write about the tourist sights of Langkawi, and the post just went horribly wrong, didn't it... it's like it took a U-turn.

If you liked that one, you should definately check out my ALL NEW post on the AIRPORT forum, about discrimination at the Bangkok airport... it makes the conversation here seem like child's play.

I was planning a part two, of my 3 days in Penang (I'm on my last day there now), but I'm still not feeling enough love.... if you want part two, and someone writes something nasty about me here, it's up to you people to come to my defeense... if not, you may just have to imagine what happened HERE in Penang... but trust me, if you think things went South in Langkawi.... well, that's all I can say at this point... but I swear, really, I swear, the family at this morning's breakfast buffet who I saw pile in a good 20 or 30 muffins into a plastic bag, and then there were none left for ME... well, I had to say something... that was just too much. And they were from a particular region of the world, and I was surprised that they would attempt this in my presence, and think I wouldn't say anything. In the defense of the Penang muffin thieves, there was no sign that you couldn't do "take away"... but it was just too much for me to have to witness so early in the morning.

Bring it on Weho. I need something to brighten up my dull day at the office.

Feel the love!

I'm sorry that we're boring you. I took the liberty of searching for your topic postings, you know, to see what I was doing all wrong... you know, how to try to be more interesting... your topics on "Belgian Johnny", and the Nana hotel booking procedure were really gripping... to the point of being compelling. Now we all know where to look, so we can try to be more like you. You've obviously got your finger on the pulse of what people are interested in. You're the barometer of excitement. And most of your replies seem to relate to drinking and alcohol establishments... is there something you want to tell us? And your picture has what looks like are some cocktails in it... way to go! Setting a fine example.

I hope you'll start a new topic real soon. In the meantime, thanks for the attention by responding.

Maybe I'll start one called something like "how to get drunk in Pattaya".... would that be less trollistic to you? Honestly, I am pretty sure everyone who replied here, including yourself, did so voluntarily. I'm pretty sure no one was forced to reply here. I truly regret that we can't please you. If anyone WAS forced to reply here, please notify the authorities at once.

I'm now off to the breakfast buffet...

I was actually praising you, you nutter!

I'm doing god's work.

And a fine job at it.

And speaking of god's work, check out my NEW TOPIC on the Bangkok Suvarnabumi Airport forum...

Eh weho rambler is back in town after a round the world trip...remember u promised me a date weeks ago(to fourth base) we have so much to offer each other so much in common .....we love to travel....we love sizzler....we both get the shits at the drop of a hat.....we dislike nudity...we both like all three genders....the list is endless,so lets get it on that big purple sofa youve got love ya

And I wasn't staying in cheap places, PAL. I know you surely must be a Vanderbilt or Rockefeller, but not all of us are, and we usually like to get what is promised, and what we paid for.

Why are you keeping the names of your hotels secret?

You've told us ***k*ll about anything other than your confrontations. You haven't even mentioned whether or not any of the food you scoffed was good or bad, yet you'll go into insufferable details about restaurants in Pattaya.

You say you stayed at a 5 star hotel in Penang, yet everything you've previously discussed on this forum indicates you're a 'cheap charlie'.

This just doesn't add up.

You're trolling here. You haven't been to Penang or Langkawi.

And I wasn't staying in cheap places, PAL. I know you surely must be a Vanderbilt or Rockefeller, but not all of us are, and we usually like to get what is promised, and what we paid for.

Why are you keeping the names of your hotels secret?

You've told us ***k*ll about anything other than your confrontations. You haven't even mentioned whether or not any of the food you scoffed was good or bad, yet you'll go into insufferable details about restaurants in Pattaya.

You say you stayed at a 5 star hotel in Penang, yet everything you've previously discussed on this forum indicates you're a 'cheap charlie'.

This just doesn't add up.

You're trolling here. You haven't been to Penang or Langkawi.

Nice try, Sherlock... my hotel in Langkawi didn't have free in-room internet, and I didn't feel like paying their prices... but my 5 star hotel in Penang has FREE in-room internet, so that's why I've been such a prolific poster in the past few days. Not sure why anyone thinks I'm a "cheap Charlie" in Pattaya... is it because I didn't feel like paying for a bowl of rice a server ruined? So a rice purchaser can't also be someone to stay at a 5 star hotel? Normally I do stay 2 to 3 stars... but it was a good deal here for 5 star, so I decided to upgrade a tad on this trip. Whatever... you can think whatever you want. Just curious, are you a Vanderbilt, a Whitney, a Rockefeller or a Trump?

Sure, call me a troll... but back it up with some evidence. You're just lobbing insults, based on nothing. I wish I had time tonight to look up your past posts to see what gems and wisdom you have contributed here. I know I can't compete with you, I wouldn't even try. Puh-leese.

Coming soon: The sights of Penang... including trouble getting a nonsmoking seat at tonight's dinner restaurant... which, by the way, I had heard the food in Penang was excellent... so I wanted to try a place the locals go to, and I went to Chilli's... all locals... not real healthy, but the food was good. But a real crisis with the restaurant design.

OK, Sherlock... happy now? you got your restaurant review.

Coming soon: The sights of Penang... including trouble getting a nonsmoking seat at tonight's dinner restaurant... which, by the way, I had heard the food in Penang was excellent... so I wanted to try a place the locals go to, and I went to Chilli's... all locals... not real healthy, but the food was good. But a real crisis with the restaurant design.

Chili's - another <deleted> franchise from the States.

WeHo - eat FOOD, not nauseous cr**p

Nice try, Sherlock... my hotel in Langkawi didn't have free in-room internet, and I didn't feel like paying their prices... but my 5 star hotel in Penang has FREE in-room internet, so that's why I've been such a prolific poster in the past few days. Not sure why anyone thinks I'm a "cheap Charlie" in Pattaya... is it because I didn't feel like paying for a bowl of rice a server ruined? So a rice purchaser can't also be someone to stay at a 5 star hotel? Normally I do stay 2 to 3 stars... but it was a good deal here for 5 star, so I decided to upgrade a tad on this trip. Whatever... you can think whatever you want. Just curious, are you a Vanderbilt, a Whitney, a Rockefeller or a Trump?

Sure, call me a troll... but back it up with some evidence. You're just lobbing insults, based on nothing. I wish I had time tonight to look up your past posts to see what gems and wisdom you have contributed here. I know I can't compete with you, I wouldn't even try. Puh-leese.

OK, Sherlock... happy now? you got your restaurant review.

You've given nothing more than yadda yadda again?

Why keep your hotels secret? Your write-up is totally worthless unless you can give some valuable information. Prices? Locations? You say you got a deal, what deal?

You upgraded from 3 to 5 stars to have free interenet. Are you serious?

Edited by tropo

Weho, nice writing style. You've a good sense for the dramatic and know how to use scenario, plot buildup and even CAPITALIZATION to forge the path of your stories. Your travel diary to date reminds me slightly of Somerset Maugham's travelogues, such as The Gentleman in the Parlour. It's more of who you meet on your travels, not a description of a place or the quaintness of things to be found there. Except all of your stories are about yourself.

What is more tantalising to my mind is the unveiling of your own character through your posts. It's like a slow striptease, offering ever so subtle peeks at the real Weho.

My only advice would be to get an agent. True stars never make retorts directly to their detractors. And why the vehemence against those who poo-poo your prose? Temper, temper. You crave adoration, nay, rather demand it. Right now, I'm pegging you as a former screenwriter whose ego got in the way. Did you pen the script for "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"?

Weho, nice writing style. You've a good sense for the dramatic and know how to use scenario, plot buildup and even CAPITALIZATION to forge the path of your stories. Your travel diary to date reminds me slightly of Somerset Maugham's travelogues, such as The Gentleman in the Parlour. It's more of who you meet on your travels, not a description of a place or the quaintness of things to be found there. Except all of your stories are about yourself.

What is more tantalising to my mind is the unveiling of your own character through your posts. It's like a slow striptease, offering ever so subtle peeks at the real Weho.

My only advice would be to get an agent. True stars never make retorts directly to their detractors. And why the vehemence against those who poo-poo your prose? Temper, temper. You crave adoration, nay, rather demand it. Right now, I'm pegging you as a former screenwriter whose ego got in the way. Did you pen the script for "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"?

I have to admit I have some fascination with the behavior of my fellow travellers... maybe one day someone will write about their experience with ME, like at a hotel buffet, steam room, check-in situation, pool towel distribution hut, etc.