Kasikorn App alters its access

In line with the fears over scams, Kasikorn's app, like some of the other banking apps, had required --for the last few weeks-- the disabling of apps designed to read actions on the screen. This is a huge number of apps, ranging from antivirus apps to apps to skip adverts on YouTube.

Although I understand the thinking behind it, this was extremely annoying, since it meant in practise, the disabling of around apps every time the banking app was opened.

They have abandoned this policy, and replaced it with a simple test for every app user. It will now be down to the user to determine if they trust the other apps they have downloaded.

Screenshot_20230719_211532.thumb.jpg.972caf377ef49029c6272aa4eacbb3a2.jpg

Screenshot_20230719_211556.thumb.jpg.de668ad8965d0186e894ab6903a8d8f2.jpg

If you didn't know those correct answers, you have no business using a bank, let alone its app.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

In line with the fears over scams, Kasikorn's app, like some of the other banking apps, had required --for the last few weeks-- the disabling of apps designed to read actions on the screen. This is a huge number of apps, ranging from antivirus apps to apps to skip adverts on YouTube.

Although I understand the thinking behind it, this was extremely annoying, since it meant in practise, the disabling of around apps every time the banking app was opened.

They have abandoned this policy, and replaced it with a simple test for every app user. It will now be down to the user to determine if they trust the other apps they have downloaded.

"In line with the fears over scams, Kasikorn's app, like some of the other banking apps, had required --for the last few weeks-- the disabling of apps designed to read actions on the screen".

Kasikorn's K+ has not required that for some time, the phone app operates even if the phone's security features are still activated.

"They have abandoned this policy, and replaced it with a simple test for every app user".

That has not replaced any K+ security features, it's simply an awareness test, nothing more and answering incorrectly has no consequences, it does not prevent access to the app.  Other banks' apps have been showing the test also.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

16 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

Screenshot_20230719_211532.thumb.jpg.972caf377ef49029c6272aa4eacbb3a2.jpg

Screenshot_20230719_211556.thumb.jpg.de668ad8965d0186e894ab6903a8d8f2.jpg

If you didn't know those correct answers, you have no business using a bank, let alone its app.

That is most interesting.

I started a thread here in banking a couple of weeks ago after receiving a K-Bank e-mail requesting me to update the app.

As I am currently outside of Thai, I decided not to update for fear of getting locked out.

So I guess I will continue doing nothing.????????

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That has not replaced any K+ security features, it's simply an awareness test,

The app actually introduces the awareness test as an alternative to the disabling of other apps. 

Since I've now passed the test I can't show the screen, but if somebody was to do it, the app reminds them to be careful if they have other apps which read actions on the screen. And then it offers the awareness test as a way for the user to see how well they grasp the potential danger.

It is clear that the awareness test is precisely in the bank's eyes a way to move on from the annoying disabling of the app.

Edited by Gaccha

13 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

That is most interesting.

I started a thread here in banking a couple of weeks ago after receiving a K-Bank e-mail requesting me to update the app.

As I am currently outside of Thai, I decided not to update for fear of getting locked out.

So I guess I will continue doing nothing.????????

That email has just been sent out again and Kasikorn has again confirmed that it does not apply to foreigner's accounts.

12 minutes ago, Gaccha said:
21 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That has not replaced any K+ security features, it's simply an awareness test,

The app actually introduces the awareness test as an alternative to the disabling of other apps. 

I doesn't, because the security apps on phones do not prevent access to Kasikorn's K+ app regardless of whether the awareness test is completed or not.

12 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That email has just been sent out again and Kasikorn has again confirmed that it does not apply to foreigner's accounts.

Cheers, I'll check the mail in the morning. Pretty sure you assisted in my thread with information.????????

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I doesn't, because the security apps on phones do not prevent access to Kasikorn's K+ app regardless of whether the awareness test is completed or not.

Of course. 

A lot is riding on your misinterpretation of the word "alternative". I simply mean that Kasikorn has decided in its risk management strategy to switch from disabling the app to warning the users of the dangers instead. It is an alternative.

I'm glad I could clear this up for you.

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

because of a lack of functionality, rules will apply to foreigners as well so most likely someone will be blocked from making transfers over the limit unless go to branch 

• Confused 2

Totally aside from the facial recognition for large transfers business, Kasikorn has updated its online terms and app.

I'm out of the country now but as far as I can tell, no major impact. Your password etc from prior online app migrates over.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

because of a lack of functionality, rules will apply to foreigners as well so most likely someone will be blocked from making transfers over the limit unless go to branch 

"...because of a lack of functionality..."

What? 

If the amount is over the limit, they just have to alter the limit on the K+ app, no need to go to the branch.  I've just altered my limit and made an over-50k transfer on the app.   No facial requirement, no branch visit.

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What? 

The only reason it doesn't apply to foreigners is because the system hasn't the functionality yet, that's been confirmed by Kasikorn, other banks such as Krungsri have updated their system for foreigners 

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What? 

The only reason it doesn't apply to foreigners is because the system hasn't the functionality yet

It does have the function of allowing transfers over 50k without foreigners having to register for facial recognition.

16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It does have the function of allowing transfers over 50k without foreigners having to register for facial recognition.

because Kasikorn aren't following the rules most likely. I doubt BoT said it was ok to exclude foreigners, other banks are complying