3BB Access Point offer

mahjongguy

I've had 3BB's gig over gig service for several years and it has served me well. Now I am moving and it also happens to be time for my annual payment so I am reviewing their current offers. One of them is 1000/1000 at 999 baht monthly and comes with a router and a separate device that seems like some kind of access point.

So, is it an AP? If so, can it be used via Ethernet link to the router or can it only receive and re-send via radio?

1 hour ago, mahjongguy said:

One of them is 1000/1000 at 999 baht monthly and comes with a router and a separate device that seems like some kind of access point.

It could be that separate device is the Box for TV (GigaTV) which you connect to your router and with a HDMI cable to your TV. The 3BB router can handle WIFI.

Do you have a link to that promotion.

That is MESH WIFI

A mesh network is a group of connectivity devices, such as Wi-Fi routers that act as a single network, so there are multiple sources of connectivity around your house instead of just a single router.

Since mesh networks broadcast from each point around your house rather than from a single location, they can provide better coverage over a wider space. Depending on the size of your home, you can add more points for additional Wi-Fi coverage.

Difference from traditional Wi-Fi networks

In a traditional Wi-Fi network, your phone or laptop is connected to a single router, and all communication passes through that single router. The farther you are from the router, the weaker the signal. Items such as walls, furniture, and other obstructions can impact the distribution of wireless signals throughout your home.

With mesh systems, you have multiple connectivity points in your home so you're never far from one.

Edited by MJCM

2 hours ago, mahjongguy said:

I've had 3BB's gig over gig service for several years and it has served me well. Now I am moving and it also happens to be time for my annual payment so I am reviewing their current offers. One of them is 1000/1000 at 999 baht monthly and comes with a router and a separate device that seems like some kind of access point.

So, is it an AP? If so, can it be used via Ethernet link to the router or can it only receive and re-send via radio?

(Just a guess) If it's an AP, then from your router CAT points, run your cable to your AP, then use it as a normal WiFi.