Afterwards, do you want to listen to 'The Way We Were' or thank God you dodged a bullet?

Gecko123

12 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I found a few as we have a group for our year at school. 

I'm surprised that most women look about 60+ and most men bald or grey. 

Went back recently and didnt recognize some who remembered me. 

Had dinner with a mate who married a 50 yo woman when he was 30. She had a walking stick and is now 80.

I look for old flames and contact some. 

They all thought I'd be dead by 30 due to my drinking. 

60yo man

80yo woman

Hope shes rich

On 7/22/2023 at 2:40 PM, Gecko123 said:

You ever search the internet for old flames, (high school sweethearts, college flings, ex-wives, one night stands) to see where they live, if they're still alive, maybe even find a picture of what they look like today? Come on, admit it, everyone does that sometimes, don't they?

I tend to do look up women who dumped me, rather than the other way around, and, yes, I've been dumped more than my share, so there's a lot of women out there I can look up. 555. One thing I've noticed is that a lot of the women who dumped me have ended up alone in later life, either never having married, or getting divorced. Few seem to have aged as well as me.

One woman who really drove a dagger into my heart regularly updates her photo on her so-called 'life coaching' website. In her latest photo, I thought I saw a glint of fear in her eye, perhaps a fear of dying alone, I imagined. Gave me a twinge of satisfaction, I'll confess.

So what do you think when you see a picture of old flames today? Does it make you feel nostalgic like I could still love her even to this day, or is it more like 'my God, what was I thinking, there's no way we were compatible, I really dodged a bullet there, thank you, Jesus'?

Errrrrrrr, no.

That is wierd. They have moved on, sounds like you have not.

If you need to google now to work out if you dodged a bullet, you were not paying attention then.

You need to get out more.????????