Aussies retain The Ashes

bignok

12 minutes ago, bignok said:

Maybe but his batting looks average to me. Not sharp. 

Being harsh on Green I think.

You're talking about a 24 year old all rounder on his first tour to England.

Already has a test 100 and a five for.

His batting average of 35 compares favourably  with other all rounders.

2 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Being harsh on Green I think.

You're talking about a 24 year old all rounder on his first tour to England.

Already has a test 100 and a five for.

His batting average of 35 compares favourably  with other all rounders.

35 is low. Kallis was 50. To bat at six you need to average 40+. If he was a bowling allrounder 35 is ok but then needs to average under 29 with ball.

Edited by bignok

1 hour ago, BarraMarra said:

Are you trolling Bignok? or just baiting. Show English filmed cheating? put up or shut up.

Let's not get to precious.

Your captain Michael Atherton is no cleanskin.

Michael Atherton, 1994

In the "dirt in pocket" affair, then England captain Michael Atherton was accused of ball tampering during a Test match with South Africa at Lord's in 1994, after television cameras caught Atherton reaching into his pocket and then rubbing a substance on the ball. Atherton denied ball tampering, claiming that he had dirt in his pocket which he used to dry his hands. He was also accused of lying to the match referee. Atherton was summoned to the match referee and was fined £2,000 (equivalent to £4,200 in 2021[6]) for failing to disclose the dirt to the match referee.[7]

Edited by Will27

1 hour ago, BarraMarra said:

Well my last post as its getting silly . Australian Cricket test squads of history of Cheating and getting filmed cheating, from there Captains to Coaches.

Again

Everyone does it, just not as obvious as Bancroft.

https://cricket.one/cricket-news/trescothick-reveals-how-england-masterminded-a-ball-tampering-ploy/62e146bf3094a4d5d6db12a9

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Michael Atherton, 1994

In the "dirt in pocket" affair, then England captain Michael Atherton was accused of ball tampering during a Test match with South Africa at Lord's in 1994, after television cameras caught Atherton reaching into his pocket and then rubbing a substance on the ball. Atherton denied ball tampering, claiming that he had dirt in his pocket which he used to dry his hands. He was also accused of lying to the match referee. Atherton was summoned to the match referee and was fined £2,000 (equivalent to £4,200 in 2021[6]) for failing to disclose the dirt to the match referee.[7]

A bit like weight lifters with their chalk, they still do it 30 years on from your example......?     ????....................????

4 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Michael Atherton, 1994

The Aussies got suspended for what 18 months?

10 minutes ago, bignok said:

35 is low. Kallis was 50. To bat at six you need to average 40+. If he was a bowling allrounder 35 is ok but then needs to average under 29 with ball.

Comparing a 24 year old to one of the all time greats isn't really fair.

A batting allrounder averaging 35 isn't low at all.

Botham average 33 with the bat and 28 with the ball.

Flintoff averaged 31 and 32.

Stokes 36 and 32.

Compared to Green who is averaging 35 with the bat and 34 with the ball shows he is doing very good.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Will27 said:

Comparing a 24 year old to one of the all time greats isn't really fair.

A batting allrounder averaging 35 isn't low at all.

Botham average 33 with the bat and 28 with the ball.

Flintoff averaged 31 and 32.

Stokes 36 and 32.

Compared to Green who is averaging 35 with the bat and 34 with the ball shows he is doing very good.

Those 3 are match winners on their day. I don't see that in Green.

Maybe wrong, we will see.

10 minutes ago, transam said:

A bit like weight lifters with their chalk, they still do it 30 years on from your example......?     ????....................????

I don't give a toss about weightlifters champ.

Just showing the facts about Atherton.

Edited by Will27

Just now, bignok said:

Those 3 are match winners on their day. I don't see that in Green.

Maybe wrong, we will see.

I'm not comparing them.

Just saying I think you're being harsh on a 24 year old who has just played 20 odd tests,

1 minute ago, bignok said:

So you don't follow cricket.

Yes & No, I do not follow it as a favourite sport, plus I do not slag off Aussies the way you slag off Brits, but my mum did say, this is your great, great uncle, so maybe my interest in it.........????

r/Cricket - My first Cricket Colourization. The Great W.G. Grace in 1902.

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Yes & No, I do not follow it as a favourite sport, plus I do not slag off Aussies the way you slag off Brits, but my mum did say, this is your great, great uncle, so maybe my interest in it.........????

r/Cricket - My first Cricket Colourization. The Great W.G. Grace in 1902.

Old comedy and beer. Brits do well.

Not much else. 

3 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Dougie only took 49 wickets.

Was never seen as all rounder.

Just a handy part timer.

Keith Miller

Bat 37

Ball 23

Ritchie said he could have averaged 45 with bat but gave his wicket away unless team needed runs

Long time ago

6 minutes ago, bignok said:

Keith Miller

Bat 37

Ball 23

Ritchie said he could have averaged 45 with bat but gave his wicket away unless team needed runs

Long time ago

He was probably the last but well before my time.

Just now, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Bias, that’s priceless coming from you, absolutely priceless.

The huge difference at Newlands was that it wasn’t a spur of the moment, pick up a bit of dirt to rub on the ball incident; it was a prearranged conspiracy between Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood, Smith, Warner, and their chosen patsy, the unfortunate Bancroft, to take a concealed agent (sandpaper) onto the field of play, to deliberately, and continuously use to alter the condition of the ball.

Cricket Australia then, in an act of extreme cowardice, whitewashed their enquiry to let Bancroft, Smith and Warner, shoulder the blame, thus exonerating the main protagonists, Starc, Hazlewood, and Captain Colegate, who have never paid any penance for their leading part.

Let it go. Rather sad to keep cherry picking.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1