How to get your Mojo back if you lost it

bignok

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

OK...Man!

Here is what I promised you.

You will truly ENJOY these great resources...but I have PLENTY more, even all the BOYA resources.

Truly wish you good luck (ChokDi) with your Chinese language learning.

I love the Chinese language, both the logograms, and the fact that I can read oracle bones when I visit a museum.

Someday, soon, maybe I will upload some BOYA stuff for you....

I love languages, and who does not....

CHINESE characters MOJO BK_ONE.pdf 37.19 MB · 0 downloads CHINESE pinyinANDcharacter MOJO BK_TWO.pdf 15.43 MB · 0 downloads CHINESE characterworkbook MOJO BK_THREE.pdf 21.47 MB · 0 downloads

Cool, thanks

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Cool, thanks

I used to teach a few uni students first year Mandarin, 1-to-1, and for free.

Teaching helps protect one from getting rusty due to non-use of Chinese when outside of China and living in Thailand.

But now, I have the chance to use Chinese spoken/written almost daily through working with Chinese students in China via the Great Internet using a VPN to pass through the Great Firewall.

Teaching is the only way I know to help me stay fluent...

And to preserve both my MOJO and my essence.

Sellers was the greatest Mandrake of all time!

I will definitely upload some Boya stuff in another comment....someday soon.

YOU KNOW:  Due to the inevitable  existential thoughts that we sometimes have as a result of what is happening in our world, these days, just try to gain a bit of solace through listening to the following classic song, which is, after all about losing one's MOJO, and everything else:

• Love It 1

29 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Cool, thanks

Following the principle that one should try to never put off until tomorrow what one can do today, I will attach a sampling of two more MOJO_Chinese resources....from the great BOYA series that is used for instruction inside China, and which are not easily found outside China.

I did a high-resolution scan of all of the Boya stuff when I was last in ChengDu, about a decade ago. These resources are copy-left, and available in China for just the printing cost. So...no problem.

I will first post two MOJO books for you.

In China, at the better language schools, like SiChuan University, instruction begins with character-learning, which is the way it should be.

I do not have too many elementary books because I was trying to prepare for HSK_LEVEL_SIX exam.  Level Six is the highest level exam offered in China for foreigners, and also for ethnic minorities in western China, for example.

I would really like to post more, somewhere, if I knew where, and providing I can still find the high-quality book scans I did long ago, but which still (hopefully) remain on one of my several Google Drive accounts (I have over 15 TBytes in the sky up there on Google Drive).

So...here are two...ONLY for reference purposes to demonstrate what kinds of learning materials are used inside China.

By the way:  The HSK Level Six Chinese language exam is....HARD, Baby!!!  (And, as I mentioned, it is only through HARD WORK that we can regain and preserve our MOJO...for sure!

Boya Chinese Elementary Starter I.pdf boyahanyu gao1.pdf BOYA-INTER-CHINESE-TWO.pdf BOYA-ADVAN-ONE.pdf

• Love It 1

Keep your mind active.  Focus on learning new things. Do activities. 
The common practice of just drinking booze or hanging out in bars isn’t going to do it.  Unless that what your lifestyle is made up of.