Thailand Hikes Entrance Fees for Foreign Visitors at Historical Attractions

webfact

On 8/1/2023 at 9:50 PM, Joseph98765 said:

The easiest way....

You have work permit? you get thai price....

Next time I come threw Swampy and hit immigration I am going to tell them to go ahead and add the work permit stamp along with the tourist visa.. 

Edited by Gknrd
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/27/2023 at 1:25 PM, stix40 said:

Still cheap but I understand the sentiment.

I have heard if you show a Thai driving license that can reduce the cost ?

True or urban myth?

I tell them in Thai that I am Thai, show my pink card and in most cases pass at the lowest price ????

• Haha 2

On 7/27/2023 at 1:30 PM, Ironmike said:

So in this country the land of smiles is so racist it makes me sick to live here, I think that the rest of the world needs to double and triple to costs of Thai people entering all sorts of sites,, why not they like to screw the Farang so pay backs are a bitch

You could always move... I am sure that wherever  you came from is much better.

• Sad 2

On 7/27/2023 at 1:39 PM, wwest5829 said:

For the record, I am affronted by this discriminatory practice. Easily fixed by making mandatory recognition of the “Pink Card” or 5 year Driver’s License. OK, whining finished.

It is not discriminatory giving locals discount.

Easily fixed yes, but they don't want to have to check every single person's ID card, logistical nightmare. The poor ticket guy doesn't want to ask every Chinese looking Thai  person for their ID card, as this would be perceived as being racist. So few farang have Thai ID cards, they just assume we are all foreigners.  I get the Thai price when I need to show my Thai ID, but it doesn't happen often, maybe once every 10 years. Speaking Thai is usually enough. 

There should be a Thai ID card for foreigners, and I don't mean the Pink thing, which is for migrant labourers. There should be a Thai exam and if you pass, you get the ID card, or if you pay tax. 

I often hear guys married to Thais moan, yet they don't work and have made absolutely no effort to integrate into society, for example not being fluent in the language. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1