How to find a vet in Pattaya that is competent?

Had a bit of a saga with our 8 year old Schitzu cross. As reported before took him to local vet because he was vomiting up his food every day. They kept him 4 days on some kind of drip, antibiotics I believe, but when we picked him up he looked emaciated and dehydrated. He was ravenous and thirsty, so not sure if they even fed him when he was in their care, but long story short, he's still vomiting up his food. We have probably spent close to 20,000 baht with this vet, the dog has had many tests, x-rays, ultrasound, blood tests etc, but it's obvious they don't know what's wrong with him. In the beginning they said the problem was his prostate and said neutering would fix the problem, it didn't. It seems to be all about the money, not the dog's welfare.

Anyone know what training a vet receives in Thailand, is it formal or is it just a crash course at the clinic?

Hi mate

Sorry to hear about your dogs problem, tough times when you as owner want to do anything to get your dog back on track.

We have 5 dogs from 3-7 years old. I can recommend the Vet we are using in Ban Chang.

They have done perfect on our previous problems: Broken front paws and toes. Broken hip and leg. Spitting Cobra.

1 month ago our oldest dog was sick, she was happy, running around, but vomiting more than normal. Her stomach had some kind of fluid and was big. Our vet drained around 3-4L fluids every 3 days for 3 weeks. But most importantly the medication they gave our dog worked and she is even more healthy and active now. Blood tests showed it was a problem with the Liver, so I didn't expect her to survive, but she did.

Not the same symptoms as your dog, but I can recommend our Vet in Ban Chang if you dont mind a 30-40min drive.

Best of luck

• Thanks 1

After being ripped off and given the run around by several Chon Buri vets our family uses the Kasetsart University Animal Hospital in Bangkok for anything complicated.

Get there at 7:00 am to avoid heavy traffic and pick up queue ticket. Take with you all info from local vet visits.

13.844378, 100.578134

From Si Racha to this area I used H7 - H9 - 350 - 351 or use Google for other route.

https://vet.ku.ac.th/veten/index.php/hospital-kamphaengsaen2

• Thanks 1