Cambodians No Entry To Thailand New Law?

anyone heard of this?

a friend of mine is a cambodian, and is in cambodia, and not allowed to return to thailand anymore, in getting told the laws have changed in the last 30 days?

this is nothing to do with the visa changes of october 1last year

if anyone knows anything of this please post,

thanks chris

anyone heard of this?

a friend of mine is a cambodian, and is in cambodia, and not allowed to return to thailand anymore, in getting told the laws have changed in the last 30 days?

thanks chris

There were several Cambodians came through Had Lek on the same coach as me yesterday and hundreds enter Thailand at Poipet daily,maybe he/she has a personal problem with Thai Immigration.

have a hunt around the threads , there was government action directed at Cambodian workers with regard to the south .

i am, and i understand what you say, but can they block out a hole country????

id have thought that impossible even if they were at war!

cant see anything on web just relying on info from p phen!

well if ya here owt id be gratfull if ya can post or pm me, cheers.

She needs a tourist visa and probably can not prove tourist intent (especially if she has traveled here frequently).

lopburi3' ,had a tourist visa, they only get 30 days since oct 1 2006, before was 60, but now im told have stopped all visa issues to cambodians???

stingray you get any update on your case?

ozzydom, cheers could be, but getting told not, still awaiting a reply back from thai emb in ppenn.

I wonder if this is linked to the tightening of rules for 30 stamp and checking onward tickets.

Remember that 30 day stamps are only available to tourists with an onward air ticket out of Thailand. This has always been the requirement but historically immigration have not routinely checked that visitors comply with the requirements.

I suspect that not many Cambodians asking for a 30 day stamp held an air ticket out of Thailand.

30 day entry without visa stamp is not the same thing. Cambodians require a tourist visa to enter Thailand. For them the tourist visa provides a stay of 30 days, as with a number of other countries, rather than the 60 days many of us are used to.

30 day entry without visa stamp is not the same thing. Cambodians require a tourist visa to enter Thailand. For them the tourist visa provides a stay of 30 days, as with a number of other countries, rather than the 60 days many of us are used to.

There appears to be a bit of tit for tat between Thailand and Cambodia Immigration, $20 is the official 30 day tourist visa to Cambodia but they demand 1200baht,now Thailand has raised the fee for Cambodians to enter Thailand on a 30 day T/V to $35 US.

anyone heard of this?

thanks chris

Yes I can confirm this. A friend of mine has just spent 1 week trying to get a visa for his Khmer G/F but told yesterday No Way. She has been granted visa 's at other times but they are saying no more Visa's to Khmer's.

Perhaps another fire about to happen at the PP Embassy.

I suspect this is no more issue to those that appear to be working in Thailand as both cases we have reported seem to be about issue after having a number already. I seriously doubt there is a total shutdown on visa issue. Anyone in Cambodia able to add to this?

A Cambodian friend informed me that it has become very very difficult for Cambodians to get any kind of Visa in PP.

You must present addl documents.

The Thai Authorithy have recently reported that they have evidence that many Cambodians Muslims have joined forces with the separatist in the South or that Cambodians enter the country legaly on the Visa and than stay on.

There appears to be a bit of tit for tat between Thailand and Cambodia Immigration, $20 is the official 30 day tourist visa to Cambodia but they demand 1200baht,now Thailand has raised the fee for Cambodians to enter Thailand on a 30 day T/V to $35 US.

I went over the border yesterday at Poi Pet and I had to pay 1,500 Baht. Then you have those people hustling you for money for 'translation' and the 'help' they offer.

All went smoothly enough though.