Best-value non-fake ear buds

omnipresent

I see a lot of cheap prices on Lazada for high quality brand ear buds e.g. JBL, Bose, Jabra but the risk is that they could be fake, and it can take a bit of effort to check each listing. Sometimes customers say it's fake in reviews.

I came across Samsung Galaxy Buds+ for just 990 THB on Banana IT, and I would've got this one but it's out of stock:

https://www.bnn.in.th/en/p/smartphone-and-accessories/headphone-smartphone/earbuds/samsung-galaxy-buds-black-8806090198656_z787l8

What other avenues are there to get good deals?

On 8/2/2023 at 2:54 PM, omnipresent said:

I see a lot of cheap prices on Lazada for high quality brand ear buds e.g. JBL, Bose, Jabra but the risk is that they could be fake, and it can take a bit of effort to check each listing. Sometimes customers say it's fake in reviews.

I came across Samsung Galaxy Buds+ for just 990 THB on Banana IT, and I would've got this one but it's out of stock:

https://www.bnn.in.th/en/p/smartphone-and-accessories/headphone-smartphone/earbuds/samsung-galaxy-buds-black-8806090198656_z787l8

What other avenues are there to get good deals?

Does ‘fake’ mean that they won’t work? You don’t HAVE to buy brand name buds or even fake brand name buds. 
Perhaps just buy buds that have the specifications that fit your need. I paid around 500 baht for mine. 

14 minutes ago, NextG said:

Does ‘fake’ mean that they won’t work? You don’t HAVE to buy brand name buds or even fake brand name buds. 
Perhaps just buy buds that have the specifications that fit your need. I paid around 500 baht for mine. 

Often the fake brand name ones are not as good sound quality as the real ones.. 

If you can't trust their name is not fake how on earth can you trust their specifications are real????

I bought some Philips earphones to use on my PC to replace my old ones that got were getting damaged on the runner covering the wires. 

Whe. I got the new ones they looked exactly the same and we're labeled as the same ones I already had. 

As soon as I used the I noticed the sound was really bad compaired to the old ones. 

As the old ones still worked I was able to compare them together..so I knew the new ones were much lower sound quality.  They were no good to listen to music. 

On closer examination I found the bar code and a small symbol  did not match the real ones.  

7 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Often the fake brand name ones are not as good sound quality as the real ones.. 

If you can't trust their name is not fake how on earth can you trust their specifications are real????

I bought some Philips earphones to use on my PC to replace my old ones that got were getting damaged on the runner covering the wires. 

Whe. I got the new ones they looked exactly the same and we're labeled as the same ones I already had. 

As soon as I used the I noticed the sound was really bad compaired to the old ones. 

As the old ones still worked I was able to compare them together..so I knew the new ones were much lower sound quality.  They were no good to listen to music. 

On closer examination I found the bar code and a small symbol  did not match the real ones.  

My point was that it is OBVIOUS they are fake if the are 300 baht when the normal price is 6000 baht. So don’t go buying them expecting them to be the same. 
What I suggested was to buy on specifications rather than brand name, fake or otherwise. 

• Like 1

Over the years I've bought my share of ear buds, IMO the cheap ones  (500-1000b) were either inferior in sound or if they did sound good they had a short battery life.

Nowadays I only go with Apple Gen 2 ear buds, great sounds and over 6 hours of battery life, yes they're a little pricey at 4,000b, but you get what you pay for.

45 minutes ago, NextG said:

My point was that it is OBVIOUS they are fake if the are 300 baht when the normal price is 6000 baht. So don’t go buying them expecting them to be the same. 
What I suggested was to buy on specifications rather than brand name, fake or otherwise. 

OK. I see. Yes, that's good advice. ????????