Man Arrested in Patong for Selling Alcohol on Major Buddhist Day

webfact

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

The ban has nothing to do with tourists. It's because there is a huge alcohol problem in Thailand and many alcoholics got to the temple for 3 months at this time of year. Not selling alcohol helps. 

Not right.. No selling doesn't mean less drunk or no drinking... People who want to drink buy a few days ahead and drinking is not forbidden so totally useless to forbid selling. Only if you can't buy if your out of stock but in the past years most have learned to pile up enough... 

But explain to tourists who like to relax after a whole year working and an expensive trip to a country that you can't buy a drink.. THey won't understand 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

I did not call the poster (transam) a wifebeater, Where did you get that from???????

If you don't understand a post, ask about it.

Feel free to apologize for your false and made up accusation against me.

Your wife beater shirt comment aimed at me was real and noted by me and other readers, but not worth reporting, because I laughed at your daftness......????

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

I think IAH airport in Texas does not allow alcohol until noon on Sundays  due to county regs.

Doesn't Thai law specifically allow business class lounges and minimarts at International airports?

In the so-called UNITED States, where each State can have its own laws, even within those States there are Counties which can have different laws. I was in Mississippi and we had to go across a county line to buy on a Sunday. 

Just now, transam said:

Your wife beater shirt comment aimed at me was real and noted by me and other readers, but not worth reporting, because I laughed at your daftness......????

So you (and a few other slow board members) weren't clued up enough to understand that there was a typo in the post.

Go and have another drink Tranny.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

They used to alcohol at the roadside pumps. 

My country, Scotland, it was illegal for pubs to open on Sundays when I was there. 

Because you were all in church, including the Vicar on Sundays..........????

5 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

So you (and a few other slow board members) weren't clued up enough to understand that there was a typo in the post.

Go and have another drink Tranny.

It looks like you have a major comprehension problem, or just a nasty streak.

So what is the "go have another drink Tranny", all about....?

Stop making excuses if you have a problem.....????

Just now, transam said:

Stop making excuses if you have a problem.....????

No, I just understand and agree with the law.

You have been in Thailand for a long time, you should understand this by now.

You are moaning that you weren't allowed to buy alcohol during the Buddhist holiday, well now you can, so drink away.

2 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

No, I just understand and agree with the law.

You have been in Thailand for a long time, you should understand this by now.

You are moaning that you weren't allowed to buy alcohol during the Buddhist holiday, well now you can, so drink away.

Sadly you still miss my point, and go off on a booze tangent, now accusing me of complaining because I couldn't buy a beer during Buddhist day, what is the matter with you, I don't need to buy beer on a Buddhist day..????

It is clear that I must make allowances for you, so you crack on.....????

• Haha 1

Just now, transam said:

Sadly you still miss my point, and go off on a booze tangent, now accusing me of complaining because I couldn't buy a beer during Buddhist day, what is the matter with you, I don't need to buy beer on a Buddhist day..????

It is clear that I must make allowances for you, so you crack on.....????

Laters Terry. :cheesy:

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Jeeez, seems like the alcoholics can't go one day without their fix.

An alcoholic would not be able to go a day without alcohol by definition. There were also two Buddhist days in a row.

There was no beer on sale in my local restaurants over those two days, but we were told we could bring our own and drink there. As I'm not an alcoholic, I just drank water.

4 minutes ago, alien365 said:

An alcoholic would not be able to go a day without alcohol by definition. There were also two Buddhist days in a row.

There was no beer on sale in my local restaurants over those two days, but we were told we could bring our own and drink there. As I'm not an alcoholic, I just drank water.

Alcoholics don't drink in restaurants, generally. I am an alcoholic. 

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Alcoholics don't drink in restaurants, generally. I am an alcoholic. 

I doubt all alcoholics follow the same format, but, if you are the expert on the subject, I/we must pay attention..........:burp: