Donald Trump pleads not guilty to election charges in latest arraignment

Social Media

23 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I think it's more a testament to the fact that not only are a lot of views that some try to play off as "right-wing talking points" or "conspiracy theories", actually very much commonly held opinions, but also a lot of far-left views that some think of as being held by the majority are actually those of a very noisy and intimidating minority.

The ballot is secret and this is why it is a much more honest reflection of what people actually think than some garbage on social media where anything that goes against the narrative is mislabelled and deleted.

I think it's more a testament to the fact that not only are a lot of views that some try to play off as "right-wing talking points" or "conspiracy theories", actually very much commonly held opinions

Yet a quarter of republicans do believe in far out conspiracy theories:

"Satan-worshipping pedophiles running a global sex-trafficking operation control the U.S. government, media and financial institutions. A storm is coming to sweep away the elites and restore the rightful leader of the country. And things are so off track, true American patriots may have to resort to violence in order to save the country."

"a quarter of Republicans agree with those sentiments, according to a PRRI report released Thursday that was based on data from four separate polls it conducted."

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2022-02-24/a-quarter-of-republicans-believe-central-views-of-qanon-conspiracy-movement

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

It's hardly surprising, nor unique.  look at the lengths people are going to try and keep Biden as a viable candidate, regardless of his actual suitability for the role.

I fail to see the connection between your allegations about Biden and the actual issues that affect peoples financial and physical well-being. If anything, it's just another instance of distraction.

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Let's see, on one side is a career politician with decades of experience, including eight years as Vice President, currently serving as President and getting important things done.

On the other is a businessman/conman/reality TV host with multiple bankruptcies and out of court settlements, currently facing multiple felony charges, whose only experience in government is four chaotic years as President.

I definitely choose Biden.

I don't see what your opinion on Biden really has to do with people trying to keep the facts out of the conversation when it comes to his suitability as a candidate.

Or are you saying "It's worth doing because Biden is better than Trump"?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I fail to see the connection between your allegations about Biden and the actual issues that affect peoples financial and physical well-being. If anything, it's just another instance of distraction.

One is the case of people ignoring the shortcomings of a politician due to personal feelings about what is going on in politics, the other is the same.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

One is the case of people ignoring the shortcomings of a politician due to personal feelings about what is going on in politics, the other is the same.

False, The question is what is more important:  feelings or actual issues that affect people's live?. Whatever you believe I may or may not feel about Joseph Biden or Donald  Trump as people, that is secondary to what I expect would get accomplished under their respective administrations.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, placeholder said:

It is bizarre how he's seen that way by millions. He ran as a  populist who subsequently cut taxes and who appointed pro-corporate anti-worker justices to the Supreme court. Conglomerates, Wall St,  Bankers, and polluters rarely, if ever, had a better friend in the White House than they had in Donald Trump.

the bankers quite liked bill clinton though right ? repeal and all that. section 20 and 32 come to mind. 

• Confused 2

Just now, stoner said:

who cares if your taxes are raised when your ability to make so much more money is also raised. 

I shouldn't have answered this deflection in the first place. Nothing Clinton did compares to the favors consistently showered on the wealthy by Republicans from Ronald Reagan onwards. Or the harms the inflicted and/or tried to inflict on those who aren't wealthy.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I shouldn't have answered this deflection in the first place. Nothing Clinton did compares to the favors consistently showered on the wealthy by Republicans from Ronald Reagan onwards. Or the harms the inflicted and/or tried to inflict on those who aren't wealthy.

haha you deflected right from the start. bill clinton repealed the act which lead to all kinds of mess within the US economy. 

pure facts. 

then you go on to deflect again talking about other republicans. 

bye.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, stoner said:

haha you deflected right from the start. bill clinton repealed the act which lead to all kinds of mess within the US economy. 

pure facts. 

then you go on to deflect again talking about other republicans. 

bye.

You don't seem to understand how the legislative process works. Bill Clinton couldn't enact the repeal on his own, could he? Are you claiming that Republicans in Congress are innocent of complicity?

On 8/4/2023 at 11:34 AM, Tug said:

We used to call folks like graham and McCarthy sperm burpers or bag lickers. two useless groveling unamerican politicians if I ever saw them just think after all he’s done ,Covid,damage to our alliances,run up the debt,damage to our democracy,all the lies,on and on and on just truley beggars belief 

In the parlance of 1950s America, Ms Lyndsey would be referred to as:

"A confirmed bachelor"

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Walker88 said:

In the parlance of 1950s America, Ms Lyndsey would be referred to as:

"A confirmed bachelor"

Back a few more years perhaps a ( Nancy boy) lol I could care less if he’s gay or is impotent that matters not a whit it’s his obvious groveling to trump that’s just revolting he has absolutely No principles imo

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I don't see what your opinion on Biden really has to do with people trying to keep the facts out of the conversation when it comes to his suitability as a candidate.

Or are you saying "It's worth doing because Biden is better than Trump"?

I'm saying Biden is a far more viable candidate that Trump.  I thought that was obvious from my post.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, placeholder said:

Trump isn’t happy about Biden’s ‘Dark Brandon’ social media post

Despite Donald Trump’s penchant for attacking his political rivals on social media, the former president has taken issue with a tweet where Joe Biden is seen sipping coffee from a “Dark Brandon” themed mug.

In a court document filed in Washington DC on Monday, Mr Trump’s attorneys complained that Mr Biden is capitalising on the former president’s legal troubles with the meme post.

“President Biden has likewise capitalized on the indictment, posting a thinly veiled reference to his administration’s prosecution of President Trump just hours before arraignment,” his attorneys wrote in the filing.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-biden-dark-brandon-protective-order-b2389431.html

And here's a link to the offendng meme:

https://img.ifunny.co/videos/7ae3de635d9f5453a074e70b11f8630bae66f339886c17acfcfc093216350cb1_1.mp4

The paranoid mind of Donald Trump is a thing and a half to behold. I guess we're not going to get an explanation of how this tiny video relates to the indictments.

Right wingers are really not happy about how the Biden campaign has jujitsued the Let's Go Brandon meme. 

"Congratulations. In eight seconds flat you turned ‘cup of joe’ from a cute bit of 20th Century slang into the stuff of nightmares," PJMedia's Stephen Green wrote.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-roasted-dark-brandon-coffee-mug-campaign-video-max-cringe

Apparently this commentator thinks that Let's Go Brandon phrase, which is a euphemistic way of saying "F### Y## Biden, is cute.

Anyway, the Fox News article shows how the right is upset that the original phrase, which they rejoiced in, has been weaponized against them.