Shingles Vaccine in CM

Pond Life

Just for info.

I got the first shot of Shingrix in BC, Canada, CAD$165.

Side effect for me & my wife were pain at injection site for 5 days, mild flu type symptoms for 2 days, no big deal but better to plan a couple of days rest after the shot.

2nd shot in 2-6 months time.

I know that the Shingrix vaccine for Shingles is not yet available in Thailand.

I saw that on the ‘CM Mediclinic’ website they state “…Shingrix® shingles vaccinations available at CM Mediclinic”.

I contacted them and they stated they have no Shingles vaccine available at this time, but they will have the Shingrix vaccine available in October.

I contacted other hospitals; BKK, Bumrungrad, MedPark, Samitivej, but they all state they have only Skyzoster and no word about Shingrix.

Has there been any information released about future availability of Shingrix in Thailand?

Where would one find such info/announcements online?

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, srowndedbyh2o said:

I know that the Shingrix vaccine for Shingles is not yet available in Thailand.

I saw that on the ‘CM Mediclinic’ website they state “…Shingrix® shingles vaccinations available at CM Mediclinic”.

I contacted them and they stated they have no Shingles vaccine available at this time, but they will have the Shingrix vaccine available in October.

I contacted other hospitals; BKK, Bumrungrad, MedPark, Samitivej, but they all state they have only Skyzoster and no word about Shingrix.

Has there been any information released about future availability of Shingrix in Thailand?

Where would one find such info/announcements online?

No info yet and Shingrix is not yet registered for use here. In fact still not available  in a number of countries, many of which have potentially larger market than Thailand so I do not expect Thailand to be a priority for the manufacturer in the immediate future, they are still in fairly early stages of international expansion.

CM Mediclinic must somehow be planning in importing it themselves.

• Thanks 1

On 8/8/2023 at 1:33 PM, placnx said:

I haven't asked about vaccination cost in Taiwan yet. I am still deciding on which hospital/clinic to use. Cost in US for 1st jab was $222.

Try Taiwan University Hospital.

image.png.0b89b3b44b9e16ed51d4dd932f23e953.png

image.png.44c49452507bfa3c08f50192ffa2c79a.png

https://shmc.ntu.edu.tw/en/Clinic/VaccinationService

Me There Taiwan Long-Time

No Go Back.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

50 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Shingrix is not yet registered for use here.

50 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Is it common for clinics to offer medicines not registered for use by FDA? Google street view shows them as a small shop-house type building only in CM.

I asked CM Mediclinic about price and availability and they replied without price simply:

>Thank you for contacting CM Mediclinic.

>Shingrix vaccine will be available in October.

1 hour ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Is it common for clinics to offer medicines not registered for use by FDA? Google street view shows them as a small shop-house type building only in CM.

I asked CM Mediclinic about price and availability and they replied without price simply:

>Thank you for contacting CM Mediclinic.

>Shingrix vaccine will be available in October.

Would be unusual (and illegal,  obviously).

Shingrix has been available in China for years,  so a "grey-import" would be doable. 

My guess is the person answering mails doesn't know there are several different Zoster vaccines.  It's all shingrix for them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, placnx said:

Thanks for the info. Seems in line with US prices.

If getting in US (and you do not have prescription drug cover there) get online coupon from <goodrx.com> saves $15-$25 on each injection.

For those who have prescription drug plan (Medicare Part D or other) , it is free

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2023 at 11:20 PM, Sheryl said:

Update. I just received this email from CM Mediclinic:

Dear James,

Greetings from CM Mediclinic. 

We would like to inform you that Shingrix vaccination will be available on next Wednesday, and the price is 6300 THB per dose (course of 2).

Please let us know if you would like to schedule an appointment.”

Kind regards,
The Team
CM Mediclinic

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Pond Life said:

It seems that the Shingrix Vax is probably widely available in Thailand now. 

I recently visited McCormick hospital in Chiang Mai, they said they had it since Oct, 6,100 B per shot. 

Someone noted that it was approved in June/July. In CM Mediclinic got it first, but Ram, etc, soon after apparently.