Shingles Vaccine in CM

Pond Life

27 minutes ago, brommers said:

Yes I had this almost 2 years ago. No side effects, no problem. 

Shingrix In CM - where exactly? I was told in Bangkok it is not available in Thailand and won't be for a long time. Only the less effective Zostervax is available?

• Thanks 1

Tried Zostavax don't work ,cant get Shingrix in thailand . went to my hospital in CM they gave me LIGABA 75 ,haven't had a bite for 6 months . wont worry about getting  Zostavax . Hospital Rajavict opposite the old Holiday Inn

• Thanks 1

Just FYI. Had the new Shingrex vax in the states 3 or 4 years ago. The ONLY vax ever that totally kicked my ass for 24 hoursBoth doses, 6 months apart, and I was wrecked...fatigued, body ached, zero energy for a day. Experienced every possible side effect listed and then some. Haha.

Of course everyone reacts differently, but an acquaintance said he experienced the same. So just be prepared for the possibility. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Definitely get Shinrix even if you have to try and order it online or go to a pharmacy like Boots and see if they will order it in for you. 2 shots, first one then 2 months later second one. I had Shingles and it is definitely lots of pain and doesn't go away quickly. It's been close to two years since I had them and have nerve damage that I am still taking Gabapentin for and Dr says maybe for life. I got the Shinrix shots as soon as Dr said I could, don't want to go thru that again. When Shingles could happen cost means nothing if you can try to prevent them. Good Luck.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Gudge said:

Definitely get Shinrix even if you have to try and order it online or go to a pharmacy like Boots and see if they will order it in for you. 2 shots, first one then 2 months later second one. I had Shingles and it is definitely lots of pain and doesn't go away quickly. It's been close to two years since I had them and have nerve damage that I am still taking Gabapentin for and Dr says maybe for life. I got the Shinrix shots as soon as Dr said I could, don't want to go thru that again. When Shingles could happen cost means nothing if you can try to prevent them. Good Luck.

If cannot be ordered in Thailand as the  drug is not registered here. Altogether unavailable.

It is also not yet available in all Western countries.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

If cannot be ordered in Thailand as the  drug is not registered here. Altogether unavailable.

It is also not yet available in all Western countries.

Hi Sheryl, I am due to get Zostavax in CM on Wednesday. Is is not worth getting?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I would say it's entirely down to your own perception of the risk/benefit equation.

Zostavax is listed in different studies as between 50 and 70% effective. While that's not as high as Shingrix, as others have said, shingles can be one of the most painful things many people will ever experience and can leave you with persistent nerve damage and pain that can continue for months.

If you do get Zostavax now, it doesn't preclude getting Shingrix later if you have the opportunity.

Thanks GroveHillWanderer - that is excellent feedback!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

Slightly off topic, I asked in Bangkok Pattaya Hospital about a Shingles vax. 5500 THB. That was as far as I got.

You should be able to find it slightly cheaper than that. I asked at the BeWell clinic here in Hua Hin which is an "up market" clinic aimed very much at the expat market and their price for it is 4,850.

I suspect that at a government hospital it might be even cheaper and even if you don't have a particularly high opinion of government hospitals (I personally have no problems with them) I think you can trust them to give you a vaccination without too much problem.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I'm in US now and recently got the 1st injection. No side effects at all for me. 

My experience with Shingrix - 1st jab: no side effects. I'm thinking of going to Taiwan or Singapore for the 2nd. The window is 2-6 months.

• Thanks 1

Just now, kokopelli said:

I received Shingrix in USA and no side effects.  My second injections was almost one year from the first .

Has the US put an embargo on the export of this? Doesn't seem to be available anywhere outside there. Big pharma? Oh, I thought that was all a conspiracy theory to do with some other vaccine.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kokopelli said:

I received Shingrix in USA and no side effects.  My second injections was almost one year from the first .

I found a source for it. But here's the thing:

USD 294 for 2 injections + USD 51 ( shipping charges) = USD 345 with shipping to Thailand through EMS

There you go. I blame Bill Gates and the WEF.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I'm in US now and recently got the 1st injection. No side effects at all for me. 

Same for me.

7 hours ago, placnx said:

My experience with Shingrix - 1st jab: no side effects. I'm thinking of going to Taiwan or Singapore for the 2nd. The window is 2-6 months.

Not available in Taiwan last time I checked (3 years ago).

IIRC not available in Singapore,  either, but I am not sure. 

China has it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

I found a source for it. But here's the thing:

USD 294 for 2 injections + USD 51 ( shipping charges) = USD 345 with shipping to Thailand through EMS

There you go. I blame Bill Gates and the WEF.

Where on earth do you find it for $294 for 2 injections? Going rate is over $200 for each injection. I was able to get $200 (each injection) even using GoodRx.

Neither Gates Foundation nor WEF/GAVI had anything to do with development or production of this vaccine. AFAIK it has been a 100% private sector initiative hence the  high cost. 

Cost likely will come down eventually once the developed workd market is saturated / and or Western countries with  single payer health cover schemes negotiate to buy it in bulk but this is still   a ways off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Where on earth do you find it for $294 for 2 injections? Going rate is over $200 for each injection. I was able to get $200 (each injection) even using GoodRx.

Neither Gates Foundation nor WEF/GAVI had anything to do with development or production of this vaccine. AFAIK it has been a 100% private sector initiative hence the  high cost. 

Cost likely will come down eventually once the developed workd market is saturated / and or Western countries with  single payer health cover schemes negotiate to buy it in bulk but this is still   a ways off.

The references to Gates and WEF were meant as a joke. You know, preempt the conspiracy theories, not promote.

I'm not in a position to share my source. And anyway, acting as an intermediary is probably highly questionable legally.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Lorry said:

Same for me.

Not available in Taiwan last time I checked (3 years ago).

IIRC not available in Singapore,  either, but I am not sure. 

China has it.

I just checked last week, and Shingrix is available in Taiwan.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Sheryl said:

first received US FDA approval only 2 years ago. 

I would have guessed 5 years,  but i googled it: October 2017.

I got it in Europe (because Taiwan didn't have it) a couple of years after approval in the US, that was 2021.