Hemingways Hotel Group (Patong) still around?

SooKee

Friend of mine is planning to visit Phuket soon and previously he always stayed at either the Hemingways Hotel in Soi Sansabai or at their Silk Hotel which IIRC was over near the Best Western.  The owners also had Delish Restaurant around Soi Keb Sap.  He's been checking to book and just messaged me saying it seems they have all vanished, maybe with the exception of Heroes bar?  Any idea if they are still going, closed down, sold, changed name etc.  Been 8 years or so since I lived in Phuket and 3 since I've been so I've no idea.

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2023 at 6:41 AM, SooKee said:

Ah, thanks for that.  I know Nut has gone into politics and wondered if they'd sold up for that and / or other reasons.

I took my wife to Patong in August and was looking forward to seeing Steve and Nut but Silk was closed and Heroes and Ice house are gone, I was a VIP member with them for a few years and left there about 8 years ago, was a good friend of Victor also. Was just hoping they all made it through the pandemic alright. Hopefully can take the wife there again next year. Best wishes to them all. 

2 hours ago, WTemple said:

I took my wife to Patong in August and was looking forward to seeing Steve and Nut but Silk was closed and Heroes and Ice house are gone, I was a VIP member with them for a few years and left there about 8 years ago, was a good friend of Victor also. Was just hoping they all made it through the pandemic alright. Hopefully can take the wife there again next year. Best wishes to them all. 

I thought that was the case, didn't realise Heroes was gone too though (but a friend in Patong told me Bangla is a shadow of it's former self, Tiger demolished too as far as I know).  Delish is no more too, the whole soi has gone.  

58 minutes ago, SooKee said:

.....a friend in Patong told me Bangla is a shadow of it's former self, Tiger demolished too as far as I know

Maybe your friend hasn't exactly got his/her finger on the pulse.

Tiger has been rebuilt and is now fully open. I walked around it last night and it is similar to before but tidier and more spaced out.

Bangla last night was reasonably busy for an October Wednesday - the staff and owners that I saw seemed reasonably happy with life.

2 hours ago, London Lowf said:

Maybe your friend hasn't exactly got his/her finger on the pulse.

Tiger has been rebuilt and is now fully open. I walked around it last night and it is similar to before but tidier and more spaced out.

Bangla last night was reasonably busy for an October Wednesday - the staff and owners that I saw seemed reasonably happy with life.

Not 'exactly got his finger on the pulse" simply because his opinion differs to yours right? ????  Your'e welcome to your opinions as others are to theirs, he's lived there for 15 years so I suspect he has his finger on the pulse well enough.  Your view / opinion is not metric to gauge whether others have "their finger on the pulse", it's an opinion, nothing more.  Dumb comment IMO.

Maybe he's looking at it from his perspective and what it's like now vs what it was like 6-8 years.  Last time I was there was about 3 years ago, I thought it it was pretty dismal then and certainly nowhere near as lively as it was years, quite a dump in fact.  The post was nothing to do with whether what's left there is busy or not, or whether people "seem happy".  It's comparative.