Spaniard highly likely to be handed down a death sentence for cruel, planned and callous murder

webfact

Shocking.  At least once a month shocking murders are in the Thai news.  

Premeditated no doubt.  It baffles me, it was a much older lover , mot eben considering the gay aspect, and the guy isnt ugly or destitute .  How mamy followers did he have on YouTube?  Death penalty seems to fit the facts of this case.    I akways said it should be the guillotine at half time of Superbowl. It should be a deterrent not hidden. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Shocking.  At least once a month shocking murders are in the Thai news.  

Premeditated no doubt.  It baffles me, it was a much older lover , mot eben considering the gay aspect, and the guy isnt ugly or destitute .  How mamy followers did he have on YouTube?  Death penalty seems to fit the facts of this case.    I akways said it should be the guillotine at half time of Superbowl. It should be a deterrent not hidden. 

How would that deterr anybody?

49 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

Why does he keep covering his hands? I noticed at least one finger bandaged the other day. Do broken fingers make the police look bad?

He is in handcuffs, and here it is not allowed to show them. Please do not ask why, I stopped trying to figure it out years ago.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

So if Spain has a Prisoner Transfer agreement with Thailand, they could apply for a transfer, probably 5 years after conviction.

Look like Spain no have transfer agreement with Thailand.

Money and power is key in Thailand ????

This guys well known father will no doubt pull a few strings to get his son out of getting  the death penalty 

Properly life in Prison then a deal with the Spanish government later to send him back to Spain 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There have been very few death sentences carried within the past decade. So, why are they now discussing this, but only for foreigners? 

I happen to support the death sentence, when the crime is heinous, and when there are witnesses and sufficient evidence. Why keep them alive? Certain crimes are essentially a self revocation of the right to consume oxygen. But, can DNA evidence and the courts be trusted here? 

In fact, Thailand does allow the death penalty, but it is rarely applied. 

The federation said the kingdom would have achieved the status of "de facto abolitionist" had it not carried out any executions before August 24, 2019 — which would have represented 10 years after the last death sentences were carried out.

https://www.dw.com/en/thailand-carries-out-first-execution-since-2009/a-44285913

What are you on about? Only discussing the death penalty for foreigners. The Thai lady accused of poisoning numerous people with cyanide a few months ago is also facing the death penalty. While the death penalty remains an option for certain crimes anyone committing those crimes will be facing a possible death penalty if they get convicted.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There have been very few death sentences carried within the past decade. So, why are they now discussing this, but only for foreigners? 

That is what the sentence can be for premeditated murder and nowhere was it stated that it only applies to foreigners.  Death sentences can still be commuted after sentencing.

• Like 2