Spaniard highly likely to be handed down a death sentence for cruel, planned and callous murder

webfact

11 hours ago, Venom said:

I'm not into the gay scene but I imagine this guy's going to be popular with that pretty long blond hair while he's locked up.???? They will probably spoil him.????

In a steamy shower from behind he might pass for Shakira. The hips don't lie...

9 hours ago, Winky Wilson said:

An experienced Spanish butcher chef can be extremely dangerous no doubt.

When it comes down to the line, a carving knife and a meat hammer is always going to trounce a scalpel and some surgical tweezers. 

9 hours ago, Ginner said:

I do believe the death penalty hasn't been carried out for near ten years now. Plus isn't the cyanide killer facing the death penalty? She is the wife of a high ranking police officer. If Spain doesn't have the death penalty, then I doute very much he will be put to death. 50 years or more would be my guess.

According to this law article 20 years is the maximum prison sentence for murderThailand.

Section 288. Murder

Whoever, murdering the other person, shall be imprisoned by death or imprisoned as from fifteen years to twenty years.

https://library.siam-legal.com/thai-law/criminal-code-murder-death-sections-288-294/

With a great lawyer, in the U.S. anyway, he might have a chance to walk using some kind of spousal psychological abuse defense. Just need one juror to go for that. Not saying that would be justified. Somehow I don't think that kind of defense would play in Thailand. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

This is a bit of a delicate question but the murder has a rich, famous family. Is there any amount of money they could throw at this that would get him off? It's such a public case now, it's not as if people wouldn't notice. 

Not a delicate question at all.

Money will fix anything in Thailand (and many other countries). That is why the poor always suffer the most.

Examples

Two Thais scratching a living from the ground - literally. Picking mushrooms in a National Park - Gaol for a number of years.

Yet

A deputy PM hiding assets and 'borrowing' flashy expensive watches - nothing.

An MP gaoled in Australia for drug running - still an MP.

An American millionaire hired a hit man to kill a friend of mine in Bangkok. The American had fled back to the USA but he was caught and then  extradited from the USA back to Thailand. He went to gaol - for a few months and was then let out. (He was extradited because the CIA wanted him gaoled here in Thailand. The CIA were at my friend's funeral.)

On 8/8/2023 at 5:59 AM, spidermike007 said:

There have been very few death sentences carried within the past decade. So, why are they now discussing this, but only for foreigners? 

I happen to support the death sentence, when the crime is heinous, and when there are witnesses and sufficient evidence. Why keep them alive? Certain crimes are essentially a self revocation of the right to consume oxygen. But, can DNA evidence and the courts be trusted here? 

In fact, Thailand does allow the death penalty, but it is rarely applied. 

The federation said the kingdom would have achieved the status of "de facto abolitionist" had it not carried out any executions before August 24, 2019 — which would have represented 10 years after the last death sentences were carried out.

https://www.dw.com/en/thailand-carries-out-first-execution-since-2009/a-44285913

He has an extremely wealthy father.

On 8/8/2023 at 9:52 AM, Jingthing said:

This is a bit of a delicate question but the murder has a rich, famous family. Is there any amount of money they could throw at this that would get him off? It's such a public case now, it's not as if people wouldn't notice. 

It is never certain how money or fame works in these cases. Sometimes it isn't corruption per se. It is just about finding the most expensive and famous lawyer. 

A judge who worked his way up the career ladder could lose it all if he takes a simple bribe. The family of the victim could follow it and make a scandal out of it. But I guess they could be compensated too. I guess if you get everyone in a room and start writing big checks, it could be done. 3 million USD for the victims kin, 3 million for the judge, 500k for some underlings that were present. 

Edited by Harsh Jones

2 hours ago, champers said:

He has an extremely wealthy father.

I am just doing some searches about the fathers net worth and estimates are 2-5 million USD. I thought it would be a lot more than that. It could be, he is just good at covering it up. Sometimes these net worth estimates are way off. The dad is only 48. So he aint that old. Someone with a net worth like this could still probably get access to double that. 

https://www.fresherslive.com/latest/articles/rodolfo-sancho-net-worth-in-2023-how-rich-is-he-now-1555162459

Edited by Harsh Jones