Best Place For Second Tourist Visa?

Hi All.

My Tourist Visa is about to expire and I dont want to extend it as I need more than 30 days more .. I want to get a new one.

I'm in BKK now and was wondering where the best place is to get another one, Phnom Pehn is handier, but I.ve heard all the horror stories .. do they still apply? ... Is Vientiane OK? .. or do I have to go to the ever reliable Penang?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Cheers

:o

Edited by keekwai

Take the overnight train from Bangkok to Vientiane. Cross the border and apply for your visa in the morning. The next day you will be issued a tourist visa in the afternoon (hopefully). Take the overnight train back to Bangkok.

All the horror stories about Phonom Phen are true. Go there at your own risk. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. They are not nice at the Thai embassy in Cambodia.

If you couldnnot receive TV in laos,you must come back to nongkai,

at that time, if your passport have too much TV in the past, they may refuse to enter thai?

next ,what can you do? can you return to laos again?

People have reported going back to Laos so it seems that they allow it. But Thailand is not going to refuse entry because of the number of visas - only if you have stayed 90 days on non visa entry during the last six months would you have a problem. If all else fails believe they could detain you and send you to Bangkok for processing and deportation. You will not end up living on the bridge.

Is Singapore is the good place to get the Second New Tourist Visa? How long is the processing time in Singapore? I will fly to Singapore on 19/7 (Thursday) night time. Then go to Thai Embassy on the 20/7 (Friday)early in the morning. Do you think I can get it on 23/7 (Monday) 12pm?

If no holiday in Singapore you will get Monday but not sure of pickup time. Most Consulates it is closer to 1400 but believe posters have mentioned Singapore being earlier so you may be right. Believe people have been able to call them if you don't get an answer on forum.

If no holiday in Singapore you will get Monday but not sure of pickup time. Most Consulates it is closer to 1400 but believe posters have mentioned Singapore being earlier so you may be right. Believe people have been able to call them if you don't get an answer on forum.

So there will not have any difficulties of getting a second tourist visa there, right?

Thanks for that guys .. looks like its Vientiane and a couple of cheap cases of Chang on the way back!

I sure hope you are joking, Laos does have a beer that IMHO kicks the hel_l out of Chang anytime :o

Anyway KL, Singapore and Vientiane are all good for visas, I would not think you would have problems, I guess in terms of costs Vientiane would be best, it IS a very nice town for a few days.

I find the Thai embassy in Vientiane to be very accomodating. I smile at the employees and they smile back. I say "please" and "thank you," and they say "you're welcome."

I would go there every time, no question.

It's not the desk staff you smile at who decide visa matters.

But smiling won't hurt anyone. :o

There should not be a problem doing that but you do know you could extend each 60 day stay (if that is what you get) to 90 days with a visit to an immigration office and payment of 1,900 baht?

i know i can do this but i was under the impression that i have to show i am departing within 30 days.is this true?thanks.

There should not be a problem doing that but you do know you could extend each 60 day stay (if that is what you get) to 90 days with a visit to an immigration office and payment of 1,900 baht?

i know i can do this but i was under the impression that i have to show i am departing within 30 days.is this true?thanks.

Entry without visa into Thailand is when requests for a ticket out are made. A 30 day extension of a tourist visa is a routine procedure and only TM.7, photos and 1,900 baht are required.

Singapore pickup time this time last year was 14:00 to 16:30 - check the embassy website and make sure it's not a holiday in either Singapore or Thailand.

People have reported going back to Laos so it seems that they allow it. But Thailand is not going to refuse entry because of the number of visas - only if you have stayed 90 days on non visa entry during the last six months would you have a problem. If all else fails believe they could detain you and send you to Bangkok for processing and deportation. You will not end up living on the bridge.

If I had a problem(at the border) I would go back to laos and then fly into bangkok. Even if you have run out of eligebility for stamps they will give you two weeks at the bangkok airport thats enough time to make your own arrangements.

What right do they have to prevent you from going back to laos?

Is it not possible to get stamped back into laos if refused entry into thailand?

Edited by devaram

Nobody is giving anyone two week to "make arrangements" at Bangkok Airport that I am aware of. Are you saying they allow persons visa exempt entry for 14 days even if they have used 90 days in the six month period? First report of that I have seen.

As for entry to another country Thailand would not have anything to do with that - it would be up to the other country if you meet there conditions to return. They can say no - and Aranyaprathet Immigration has below on there website home page (not specific to this case but a case of being stuck between countries and points out other country can stop your entry for any reason they consider relevant):

Note: If you have paid the overstay fine and are stamped out of Thailand, the Cambodian Immigration could reject entry and send you back to Thailand without stamping you in and out of Cambodia. In this case the Thai Immigration will have to send you to Immigration Bureau in Bangkok for investigation/interrogation/deportation.

- Cambodian Immigration could reject entry for different reasons. This is nothing to do with Thai Immigration.

Visa should not be a problem if you qualify to apply at most Consulates - Penang is a good place to obtain tourist visas.

There are only open Monday-Friday (non holidays).

Nice one thank you.

Also lastly, how long do they take to be completed? Next day like Vientienne, provided you are there before midday?