Punch up Pattaya reported in Daily Mail but not here.....

topt

You are surprised it made UK media but also surprised it didn't make local?

I'm surprised you give a 4x, which is much more than I or any other self-respecting local would.

Haven't read the link. Haven't read the Daily Mail for about 40 years (since I learned to read, in fact).

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Some good marketing points in there

"Thailand's current military government has made efforts to clean up Pattaya after it was dubbed the 'sex capital' of the world and a modern-day Sodom and Gomorrah.

However, the city's lucrative shadow economy based on sex, crime, drink and drugs has proved difficult to tame in the once-sleepy coastal city.

A large number of British ex-pats have also set up bars in the sun-drenched resort, which has become an attractive place for pensioners to retire."

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ICU Kid said:

Some good marketing points in there

"Thailand's current military government has made efforts to clean up Pattaya after it was dubbed the 'sex capital' of the world and a modern-day Sodom and Gomorrah.

However, the city's lucrative shadow economy based on sex, crime, drink and drugs has proved difficult to tame in the once-sleepy coastal city.

A large number of British ex-pats have also set up bars in the sun-drenched resort, which has become an attractive place for pensioners to retire."

Said who?

• Haha 1

The dialogue was unclear in the video, but it's likely that some of the following phrases were used:

"Want some do ya?" 

"Reckon yourself mate?" 

"Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough."

"You're going to get your f***ing head kicked in."

"Leave it Bri, he's not worth it..."

• Haha 1

"It was not clear why the tourists were kicked out of the bar."

How hard is it for the so called journalist to ask? Smells like shoddy yellow journalism.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Try Amsterdam or Berlin or some other cities. 

Amsterdam & Berlin are pretty tame compared - I've seen some mad stuff go on in a Berlin nightclub but  overall, if I had to vote, I'd have to go with Pattaya as

'sex capital' of the world and a modern-day Sodom and Gomorrah.:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pomchop said:

Yet another story of farangs with few too many drinks thinking they are some kind of tough guys not realizing that they are not going to fight one guy but the guy and lots of his buddies.  Fair or not the farang is usually going to be maybe twice the size of the thai and think oh i can whip this little guy....big mistake.

Hint:  When you are in a bar that has four or five thai guys there with T shirts that say "security" it is not a good place to get into any kind of confrontation.  It will not generally work out very well for you.

What is a bar?

14 minutes ago, still kicking said:

You like my resume?

No, I'm just posting for the laughs.  You think visiting Pattaya and/or BKK 17 times is something to boast about?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, still kicking said:

I don't just try to clarify not all of Pattaya is bad 

I don't think it's that bad - has a well deserved rep but it's not as fun as it it used to be so 'sodom & gommorah' is an exaggeration. 

Wouldn't bet against God lighting the place up though if or when he returns.

5 hours ago, topt said:

Unless I missed it and perhaps elsewhere and AseanNow just did not pick it up...... Incident on the 5th. Surprised it made the UK press. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12380215/British-father-son-beaten-thai-bouncers-Pattaya.html

Apparently on Soi Buakhow.

It's been a while, I was getting a bit bored. 

It's about bloody time we saw a naughty Brit, badboy story, thanks. 

This time it's father and son, great parenting obviously. 

Maybe they'd be having tag team moment in Soi 6 on one of the bar girls and she declined. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Pattaya is the best place in the world for me, it's just those bloody, angry, annoying, nuisance foreigners that I hate. 

I am more general... I like it less and less as we get more and more tourists......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1