• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Question about 90 day notice

Hi all,

I've just gotten a notice from Chiang Mai immigration saying that my (online) TM47 has arrived too early, but I kind of want to get some input from all of you.

My report was originally due on August 7 (I'm on a retirement visa, BTW), but my wife and I left the country for a month, this summer and returned to Thailand on 17 June (using a re-entry permit). I have it in my head that the old due date still holds - Aug 7 - but the notice I got said to start counting 90 days from the date of my most recent entry, which would put me into mid-September.

I just want to make sure this info is correct, and I can comfortably wait until September? 

I realize it is probably silly to question the word of the Thai immigration officer who processed the application, but I am a bit worried about getting fined if I wait (my wife, on a volunteer visa, is facing the same question, and so I'm really worried about getting double-fined!).

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide - everybody here has been wonderful in clearly answering my questions in the past, and I am so grateful.

It is not silly to question what immigration officials tell you, but in this case the information is correct. The 90-day report is needed when you spend 90 consecutive days in Thailand. For that reason, when you re-enter Thailand, the clock is reset.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm surprised that now the OP has had his answer, on which there can be no debate, you haven't also instructed that the thread now be closed!

That is actually a good suggestion.

CLOSED

• Haha 1