Where Is Good Washing Matchine In Pattaya

3XXX

I living in Pattaya for 6 months at condo but have no washing matchine i have hard time to clean my stuff all turn yellow and dirty... PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND A GOOD AUTOMATIC WASHER AND DRYER IN PATTAYA.

The yellow & dirty bit doesn't sound too good. 6 months is a long time without clean shreddies. What were you thinking??

Try going to a laundry shop - there's more than you can poke a stick at here. It's easy - just pack your dirty clothes in a hazardous waste bag, then leave it outside your nearest laundry shop with a note and some money - that way you avoid the embarrasment of the staff laughing at your skidmarks. 5 baht per item in some places - although from the sounds of it you may have to pay a premium. Good luck. :o

Laundry cleaning is the usual way in Pattaya - my wife has a washing machine (two, in fact, if we count the maid) but everything goes to the laundry.

If you must use a machine, you can buy in any major department store, and pay for someone to plumb it in.

But be careful of the detergents sold in Thailand - they are designed to bleach out all the dirt and stains (may be a good thing in this case) but do not preserve your clothes. Everything will be destroyed fairly soon, then you'll have to buy new.

I pity the poor sod who will have his laundry done together with yours :D

For that reason I bought my own washer, got tired of getting my laundry back smelling of someone else's sweat. :o

I think the best bet would be to invest in a washing machine, plumb in and your away! Myself I prefer to use the washing machines downstairs in our apartment, its a surprise also sometimes, as when checking my laundry.......ladyboys pants (holes cut in the rear) have been added to my basket at no extra cost! :o

I think the best bet would be to invest in a washing machine, plumb in and your away! Myself I prefer to use the washing machines downstairs in our apartment, its a surprise also sometimes, as when checking my laundry.......ladyboys pants (holes cut in the rear) have been added to my basket at no extra cost! :o

So it was you walking down past Sunnee Plaza last night!

But you need to get those pimples treated, cheeky chap.

I pity the poor sod who will have his laundry done together with yours :D

For that reason I bought my own washer, got tired of getting my laundry back smelling of someone else's sweat. :o

So tell the OP where you bought it.

That's the info he wanted.

You had already supplied that information: :D

"If you must use a machine, you can buy in any major department store, and pay for someone to plumb it in."

Besides, if he has been here for 6 months and not found a washing machine yet I doubt very much that any information in this thread will help him anyway :D

If you aren't planning on staying a long time, then use one of the many laundry shops that seem to be on almost every block in the city.

If you want to do your own, and are living somewhere where it is feasible to install a washer/dryer, then as HB mentioned, most of the large department stores sell them. Individual washers and dryers, apartment style (with the little spinner instead of an actual dryer), different models/makes, ect.

Just remember to take into account what having a washer/dryer is going to do to your electricity bill (especially a dryer, which is why most Thai laundries hang their stuff out to dry instead of machine-drying it). :o

imagesvt3.jpglaundry shops here are a joke they do things as cheap as possible and it shows and some shops have even burned the sheets trying to iron and watch soap operas at the same time . There is no room for a washer and dryer in the condo and would just rather send the girl to a laundry mat with industrial strength machines so we can put the right amount of bleach and detergent and set the stuff for long cycle times with very hot water and a real dryer . Again just thought someone may know of a good laundry matt with top machines so we can do it right instead of Thai way which is cheap way .... which means in time everything deteriorates just like the buildings and everything here that looks like hel_l because it was not taken care of properly . If you guys can do not know of a place I will post back if I find one ..Thanks

post-45779-1184305214.jpg

post-45779-1184305250.jpg

Edited by 3XXX

From this thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=130311

"Along soi 17 (next soi over from South Pattaya Road, between that and soi VC) there are a couple of "Do It Yourself" laundries with washers and dryers.

Not sure if they are coin operated or they charge you by the load, but at least you have the option of machine drying your stuff."

Hey ! That was my post ! :o

And for the OP. Had you mentioned that you were looking for a laundrymat in the first place, I would have posted the above information (again). From your post, it appeared that you were looking to buy a machine.

Here is the link to the other thread (sheesh, it doesn't seem that long ago, but the last post was on 9 May, and it was topic #119,088. Over 11,000 new topics on TV since then !)

Coin Operated Dryer Locations?

Laundry cleaning is the usual way in Pattaya - my wife has a washing machine (two, in fact, if we count the maid) but everything goes to the laundry.

If you must use a machine, you can buy in any major department store, and pay for someone to plumb it in.

But be careful of the detergents sold in Thailand - they are designed to bleach out all the dirt and stains (may be a good thing in this case) but do not preserve your clothes. Everything will be destroyed fairly soon, then you'll have to buy new.

Just buy colour specific detergent.

Should always seperate colours from white and use specified detergents. If you buy decent brand white detergent and colour detergent you wont go wrong. For stains on whites add a drop of bleach. For stains on colours add something like Oxy Powder or Vanish Powder. Sorted! :o

--

As for drying, best to dry outside, tumble dryers are bad for environment and makes your clothes smell burnt.

As you didnt ask for this advice, i wont charge you :D

• 2 weeks later...