I think I like youtubers more now

bignok

34 minutes ago, bignok said:

Before I was thinking they are too over the top and positive compared to reality but compared to all the negative rants, I will take a positive coffee drinking motorbike riding person.

Yep. I recommend Legal Eagle.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bignok said:

Nothing to do with Thailand

Neither was your original post.

I am with you that I also used to think YouTube was a waste of time. In the last couple of years I've come across a number of channels that are actually quite educational and well worth the time spent.

Legal Eagle is a good example, regardless of his views on certain topics. He certainly knows his stuff, but there are many others. I'm a software dev, have been for decades and it's important for me to at least be aware of new tech - in many cases maintaining expertise in it. If I can navigate past the plethora of heavily Indian accented content (more often than not so heavily accented that I cannot understand a word of it), it really is a great resource.

2 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Neither was your original post.

I am with you that I also used to think YouTube was a waste of time. In the last couple of years I've come across a number of channels that are actually quite educational and well worth the time spent.

Legal Eagle is a good example, regardless of his views on certain topics. He certainly knows his stuff, but there are many others. I'm a software dev, have been for decades and it's important for me to at least be aware of new tech - in many cases maintaining expertise in it. If I can navigate past the plethora of heavily Indian accented content (more often than not so heavily accented that I cannot understand a word of it), it really is a great resource.

Laptop reviews can be handy

I like informative YouTube posts. I regularly watch stuff by John Cadogan, Peter Zeihan, Dr. Ken Berry, and Ted Talks. OTOH, posts by Mr. Beast leave me cold, I have to wonder what the world is coming to, when posters like him can become very wealthy, by being idiots.

I don't watch Thailand vloggers, I do most of their stuff myself.

I actually watch quite a few you tube posters and I find them to be interesting, informative, funny, interesting depending on what their target audience is and what their interests are and what they like to post on their vlogs. They are very entertaining and fun to watch.

Lots of YouTube channels are (consistently) good. And many are bad.

I find it annoying that some people take videos from others, maybe edit them a little, and then post them themselves (to make money). It would be good if we could automatically ignore those useless edits.

And then there are these idiots who "explain" what experts explained already. Idiots making videos for other idiots.

One of my favorites is Colin Furze. He has consistently great videos since many years.

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Lots of YouTube channels are (consistently) good. And many are bad.

I find it annoying that some people take videos from others, maybe edit them a little, and then post them themselves (to make money). It would be good if we could automatically ignore those useless edits.

And then there are these idiots who "explain" what experts explained already. Idiots making videos for other idiots.

One of my favorites is Colin Furze. He has consistently great videos since many years.

There's Americans sitting in rooms commentating on comedians and making money off it. 160kg guy does it. Got heaps of followers.