Beach regulations: Pattaya considers time limits due to litter and noise surge

webfact

6 hours ago, geisha said:

You can buy a similar villa beach road on the Côte d’Azur for that price or even a bit less. With spotless beaches and azur sea water . I do wonder who’s going to buy that one in Jomtien, is it the new places near Cosy beach /Rabbit  resort ??

Near Rabbit Resort yes, but its not cosy beach. Its Dontan beach.

When I first moved to California, I wondered why nobody went to the beach at night.  It was beautiful!

Turns out, a lot of criminals and gang members like to hang out at the beach at night, so normal people avoid it during nighttime hours.

Same in Pattaya, apparently. ????

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2023 at 11:10 AM, Wongkitlo said:

Litter problem. How about some rubbish bins.

On 8/15/2023 at 11:52 AM, Dickie Dee said:

Never seen a garbage receptacle in Pattaya. 

I walk beach road most days and from walking street end to Central Festival there are rubbish bins every 30-40 metres. They only stop for the first half of beach road that they are re-paving so guess they haven't got around to putting them back yet.

Either way all the partying is walking street end and at 6am I've never seen so many drunk Thais which seem to be having a lot of harmless fun ???? Easier to blame it on foreigners I guess but I've seen only a few at that time of day

Here are the bins in case people missed them (they also have large blue bins spread out on beach road as well)

20230912_145525.jpg

Edited by Pattaya57

22 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

I walk beach road most days and from walking street end to Central Festival there are rubbish bins every 30-40 metres. They only stop for the first half of beach road that they are re-paving so guess they haven't got around to putting them back yet.

Either way all the partying is walking street end and at 6am I've never seen so many drunk Thais which seem to be having a lot of harmless fun ???? Easier to blame it on foreigners I guess but I've seen only a few at that time of day

Here are the bins in case people missed them (they also have large blue bins spread out on beach road as well)

20230912_145525.jpg

I have only been between Central and Soi 13 lately. Last year they seemed few and far between. Good to hear.