Can you have your uk pension paid into Wise

7 hours ago, Card said:

If u don't live in the UK for 180 days per year then you become a non resident, making claims of residential status illegal, irrespective of how you can spin it to appear otherwise. If you get your family involved in that illegality then they are also committing fraud on your behalf.

Look up statutory residence test to find the other criteria which come into play.

On 8/11/2023 at 11:36 AM, transam said:

State pension, in my BKK bank every 28 days, on the dot except bank holidays, so arrives on every fourth Thursday, if a bank holiday, on the Friday.

I have done paperwork for a few guys to get their private pensions paid the same, though monthly...never a problem

are there charges for this

On 8/11/2023 at 12:14 PM, Moonlover said:

Completely wrong! I have 3 pensions paid directly into my Wise Multi currency account.

do you need a uk address to open this type of account - I already use wise to transfer funds every month but do not have a uk address

1 hour ago, smedly said:

are there charges for this

Not for the state pension, I have not looked at the blokes private pensions regarding fees, but, I talk to their providers via email because the old guys can't, fees were never mentioned. They are happy that their money is in the Thai bank and can pull money from an ATM with no fees....:clap2:

I get mine this Thursday, I will come back here and tell you exactly what rate I got for the state pension .......:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Not for the state pension, I have not looked at the blokes private pensions regarding fees, but, I talk to their providers via email because the old guys can't, fees were never mentioned. They are happy that their money is in the Thai bank and can pull money from an ATM with no fees....:clap2:

I get mine this Thursday, I will come back here and tell you exactly what rate I got for the state pension .......:thumbsup:

all sorted, i now have a wise balance account in the UK wich I can top up from private or state pension when i am old enough

1 minute ago, smedly said:

all sorted, i now have a wise balance account in the UK wich I can top up from private or state pension when i am old enough

I will still let you know the exact rate I get from the state pension, it may give you a pointer...????

3 minutes ago, transam said:

I will still let you know the exact rate I get from the state pension, it may give you a pointer...????

If your State Pension UK is paid into Wise, what has the exchange rate got to do with it. Once in your GBP Wise account, YOU are the one to decide at which rate it is exchanged.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, transam said:

UK pension is sent in pounds to Citibank in BKK, they do the conversion and send the baht to your account. 

Something for you to look at and take note of, as the UK gov states they give us a preferential rate.....????

My friends and I are very happy we have nothing to do with UK banks, just use an ATM card in LOS...????

But if you are not interested, then don't take note.....????..................????

But of course, no annual increase for us criminals! 

• Love It 1

On 8/15/2023 at 11:21 AM, transam said:

As promised, when my UK state pension finally got into my account this morning, it worked out at 44.66 bht to the pound.....????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/14/2023 at 3:38 PM, treetops said:

Look up statutory residence test to find the other criteria which come into play.

The guy is retired so most if not all the other criteria dont apply do they?

On 8/11/2023 at 11:32 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Great news for having your pensions state and private paid into your Wise account but will Wise allow you to pay your sterling out to other account UK bank account holders ?

Of course they will.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/16/2023 at 9:14 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

I wish i'd never told the DWP that i live in Thailand lol

I didn't!  555

Whoever is Confused, please explain why you are. instead of just a silly emoji, thanks

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

54 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I didn't!  555

Whoever is Confused, please explain why you are. instead of just a silly emoji, thanks

Only forum I know where reactions are private, what's the point in having them

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, transam said:

It was me, purely because I can't understand why folk who are on the fiddle  broadcast it on an open forum.

You may think forums are anonymous, but I wouldn't be so sure......:whistling:

OK Trans. I will not say it again. Sorry.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

In anticipation of my UK bank account being forcibly closed in the future, I began the Wise account process and also contacted my main occupational/private pension provider re. transfer to a Wise account.

They took a while to respond and the question seems to have been a matter of discussion for them - perhaps it had never been asked before.

Their reply was that transfer to a Wise account was not possible - a bank account in my name only.

This seems at odds with many people's experience here and makes me think it's a local decision rather than one based on banking regulations.

I'll ask them to reconsider since pension transfer to Wise seems possible and fairly commonplace.

On 8/17/2023 at 6:54 PM, Seppius said:

Only forum I know where reactions are private, what's the point in having them

... especially when some - I'm looking at you, 'Sad' and 'Confused' - are so ambiguous. 

Edited by MartinL
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MartinL said:

In anticipation of my UK bank account being forcibly closed in the future, I began the Wise account process and also contacted my main occupational/private pension provider re. transfer to a Wise account.

They took a while to respond and the question seems to have been a matter of discussion for them - perhaps it had never been asked before.

Their reply was that transfer to a Wise account was not possible - a bank account in my name only.

This seems at odds with many people's experience here and makes me think it's a local decision rather than one based on banking regulations.

I'll ask them to reconsider since pension transfer to Wise seems possible and fairly commonplace.

I am not sure this will help you too much. I am swedish and our pension-provider (the goverment) are able to pay out to Wise... Wise is in this respect a bank, approved to deal with money, and are having actual bank-accounts, I have open one just recently and I am in exactly the very same position as you are, I will be thrown out from my damn bank because I live in Thailand....

So hopefully maybe England can do the very same as Sweden.

Good luck...