Can you have your uk pension paid into Wise

Yes, I know yet another posting on this subject. Around 9 months ago Santander contacted me about where I live and I gave them satisfactory info on paying uk tax and pensions and a UK address and I thought all done and dusted. The other day they contacted me once again on the same subject ( strangely just after doing a wise transfer which I do monthly anyway). I again have supplied the info they asked for and now wait on their decision. 

Anticipating bad news I’m looking at all my alternatives to where to get my UK and 2 private pensions paid into and having a Wise transfer account but don’t know if I can have them paid into it. I searched the forums but one says you can another says you can’t and so it goes on. So, if you can and currently do can you please guide me through how to do it. I’ve just been onto the wise website but cannot see how as it seems I have to open a business account. 

Any alternative banks that I can contact from here that would prove easy to open an account with as again I read conflicting answers on that subject. It also goes to show that the banks back home are monitoring all our activity and winning one day doesn’t mean they’re forgetting you as I can now testify. And before someone suggests that I must be doing something dodgy I simply transfer around £1500 every 4-5 weeks and have done so for many years. 

Many thanks in advance for any help offered. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

But Transam is it the same for private pensions as well plus I’d rather be in control  of when my money comes in as don’t always need it every 4 weeks. But if it does simplify everything then as a last resort I’ll go down that route. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PREM-R said:

I have two private pensions paid into my Wise account directly from  pension providers in the UK. I do not know if all private pension schemes will allow this.  However, the Royal Mail Statutory Pension Scheme and Prudential have both allowed my payments to Wise.  I have also recently been speaking, by phone,  to the UK Gov. pension office in Newcastle to arrange my UK pension, which I will be eligible for in October.  They were quite happy to accept my Wise bank details. I asked if there was likely to be any problems in using Wise as my receiving bank and they said they were not aware of any such problems. 

These are my personal experiences, it may be different for people in different circumstances.

(I know that Wise is not 'a bank' but they provide all the information such as sort code and account number to be able to use a Wise account

as 'a bank')

Great news for having your pensions state and private paid into your Wise account but will Wise allow you to pay your sterling out to other account UK bank account holders ?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Great news for having your pensions state and private paid into your Wise account but will Wise allow you to pay your sterling out to other account UK bank account holders ?

I just did a google and I found this on the Wise website:-

Who can I send GB pounds to?

Any UK bank account connected to the Faster Payments Scheme or CHAPS. You can’t send to accounts that only support Bacs or cheque payments

It looks promising if that is what you want to do.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PREM-R said:

I just did a google and I found this on the Wise website:-

Who can I send GB pounds to?

Any UK bank account connected to the Faster Payments Scheme or CHAPS. You can’t send to accounts that only support Bacs or cheque payments

It looks promising if that is what you want to do.

Thanks for that. Every month i have to pay UK bank account holders from my HSBC account, now if HSBC ever close my account i'm hoping Wise will be an alternative option.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, poppysdad said:

Yes, I know yet another posting on this subject. Around 9 months ago Santander contacted me about where I live and I gave them satisfactory info on paying uk tax and pensions and a UK address and I thought all done and dusted. The other day they contacted me once again on the same subject ( strangely just after doing a wise transfer which I do monthly anyway). I again have supplied the info they asked for and now wait on their decision. 

Anticipating bad news I’m looking at all my alternatives to where to get my UK and 2 private pensions paid into and having a Wise transfer account but don’t know if I can have them paid into it. I searched the forums but one says you can another says you can’t and so it goes on. So, if you can and currently do can you please guide me through how to do it. I’ve just been onto the wise website but cannot see how as it seems I have to open a business account. 

Any alternative banks that I can contact from here that would prove easy to open an account with as again I read conflicting answers on that subject. It also goes to show that the banks back home are monitoring all our activity and winning one day doesn’t mean they’re forgetting you as I can now testify. And before someone suggests that I must be doing something dodgy I simply transfer around £1500 every 4-5 weeks and have done so for many years. 

Many thanks in advance for any help offered. 

I have had my state pension, my Armed Forces pension and my company pension paid into my Wise UK borderless account since 2018. I transfer them to my Bangkok bank account every month and I have only had one problem in the very early days. 

I rang Wise and they nominated my BBK account as my primary recipient and I have had no problems since.

I opened my BBK account as my passbook shows every incoming transaction from Wise as an FTT entry. Immigration wants to see a letter and 12 months statements every time I do a marriage extension.

I am using the income method of 40,000 thb monthly to get my marriage extension. The only problem with BBK is that the branch need a minimum of 3 working days to produce a 12 month bank statement as they have to contact their head office.

It is not a big problem as I go in at least a week before and tell the branch what day I want it, and that I need 3 copies of each.

1 for the IO at Kamphaeng Phet, 1 for the IO at region 5, Chiang Mai and 1 for me.

I could have used KBank as the primary but that means that I would have to contact the KBank call centre and get confirmation for each transaction every time.

• Like 1

Scubascuba3, they must be well aware I’m here as they phone me on my Thai phone number plus send the occasional sms security message again to my Thai number. I don’t have a uk number that I could use or have someone to reply to a sms security messag if I did. When I transfer with online banking to wise they probably detect my instruction is coming from a Thai phone so I don’t think telling them or not makes any difference. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, poppysdad said:

Scubascuba3, they must be well aware I’m here as they phone me on my Thai phone number plus send the occasional sms security message again to my Thai number. I don’t have a uk number that I could use or have someone to reply to a sms security messag if I did. When I transfer with online banking to wise they probably detect my instruction is coming from a Thai phone so I don’t think telling them or not makes any difference. 

It does make a difference telling them if they close your account. You could have got a UK mobile sim and used that, giffgaff

• Like 2

7 hours ago, billd766 said:

I am using the income method of 40,000 thb monthly to get my marriage extension. The only problem with BBK is that the branch need a minimum of 3 working days to produce a 12 month bank statement as they have to contact their head office.

For the future you might instead wish to consider obtaining consecutive 6-month statements (which Bangkok Bank branches can issue on the spot) at 6-monthly intervals. That's certainly something I did when using the 65,000 THB monthly income method for my retirement extensions based on my Bangkok Bank account, with no adverse reaction from Immigration.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

For the future you might instead wish to consider obtaining consecutive 6-month statements (which Bangkok Bank branches can issue on the spot) at 6-monthly intervals. That's certainly something I did when using the 65,000 THB monthly income method for my retirement extensions based on my Bangkok Bank account, with no adverse reaction from Immigration.

I already asked several years ago.

It depends on the office that you use and the IO that you deal with. For me it is only a once a year thing and I can live with it.

Unfortunately the lady IO at Kamphaeng Phet will not accept 2 x 6 monthly statements.

If it isn't her, then it must be an IO at Region 5 IO at Chiang Mai

11 hours ago, Madgee said:

AFAIK,
You cannot get any pension, state or private, paid directly in to a Wise Acct.
Retiring Abroad: The Implications For Your Pension - Wise

You are incorrect on that.

The UK government DWP, the Armed Forces pension scheme and my company pension as they have all sent my pensions to my Wise Borderless account for the last 5 years.

I know of at least 2 other UK pensioners living near me that have their state pension to Wise also.

• Like 1

Any feedback on how the wise debit card can be used in Thailand appreciated.

can it be used like any other credit/debit card everywhere ?

can one draw THB from ATM's of any bank ? if yes is there a fee on the withdrawl with the Wise debit card (that is green card I think ? )

Thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Any feedback on how the wise debit card can be used in Thailand appreciated.

can it be used like any other credit/debit card everywhere ?

can one draw THB from ATM's of any bank ? if yes is there a fee on the withdrawl with the Wise debit card (that is green card I think ? )

Thanks

If it's Mastercard or Visa it will be fine, can use it at any ATM, ATM fee is usually 220 baht