EC Advises Dropping Charges Against Move Forward Leader

snoop1130

Hm the title says the EC advises but the article says the EC was advised by a commitee. Does not seem like it's a final conclusion, the case is ongoing. But I guess it's a strong indicator that the EC case will not end against Pita? Not that it matters all too much, his chance for PM is gone. I guess he could act as a MP if the EC and Constitutional Court clear him but that's of limited value.

8 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Better to drop the charges and nominate him.

It will avoid further eventual social unrest that will discourage many tourists and foreigners to come and spend money-monnie in Thailand.

They have disposed of the immediate threat Pita and the Move Forward Party posed to their hegemony.

However, by ignoring and frustrating the votes of a large proportion (arguably a majority if you count MFP and Pheu Thai together) they have opened a vary large can of worms, over which they will eventually lose control.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 1:33 AM, herfiehandbag said:

They have disposed of the immediate threat Pita and the Move Forward Party posed to their hegemony.

However, by ignoring and frustrating the votes of a large proportion (arguably a majority if you count MFP and Pheu Thai together) they have opened a vary large can of worms, over which they will eventually lose control.

They still have the tanks and guns which have proved decisive in the past, so I am not gonna hold my breath on that one.