Current Visa Bid exchange rate

2 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

Unless I'm missing something on this site, it only gives what the actual  exchange rate is. The daily bid rate is what Schwab uses on the transfer of cash to baht. Using the bid rate lets me calculate to the penny how much USD are relived from my account.

4 minutes ago, jwdub12 said:

Unless I'm missing something on this site, it only gives what the actual  exchange rate is. The daily bid rate is what Schwab uses on the transfer of cash to baht. Using the bid rate lets me calculate to the penny how much USD are relived from my account.

Many times I have used the numbers given on the quoted web page to calculate exactly how many ฿ to request at the teller window to generate a withdrawal of exactly the amount of US$ will be deducted from my Schwab balance.  The number given is the rate of exchange that Schwab will use when your transaction is processed a few days later.  Just remember to set the fee percentage to zero, set the from currency to THB and the to currency to USD.  For today, you will get 35.220035 baht per $.

Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 8.06.13 AM.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jwdub12 said:

Visa, not Schwab, determines the exchange rate when you accomplish the transaction.  Using the Visa site gamb00ler gave above will tell you exactly (to the penny) how much will be deducted from your Schwab acct.  I've done many counter withdrawals and ATM withdrawals here in Thailand using my various U.S. debit cards like my Schwab card.

• Like 1