LED Pool Lights

jij

i've gone thru two sets of seven pool lights. The last batch only lasted two years. They were Emaux low voltage sealed in resin. i feel silly buying the same brand again, but was told by a pool supply owner that they were the best and that they must be sealed in reason.

Thoughts?

Suggestions?

Wise crack comments?

Just now, jij said:

They were Emaux low voltage sealed in resin.

Emaux E-Lumen LED pool lights claim to have up to 25,000 hours lifetime... but I have had 2 die on me after only 1 year too.

At around 5K baht each I too am looking for a reasonable alternative.

image.png.fce81c58567c5a00a1287a2af402de2c.png

Just now, BritManToo said:

Do you really need underwater lights?

Underwater lights do provide an ambience that is not achievable with surface mounted or elevated spotlights.

I will move this topic to the Swimming Pool Forum where it is likely to get some more responses.

/Moved.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have given up on LED pool light sets, which may cost  5000B and don't last. You can't just replace the bulbs, you'll have to replace the entire set.

I just buy those with 12V 100w halogen bulbs and replace them with 12v G4 COB LED bulbs bought online.

Unfortunately the highest wattage LED that will fit are only 6W so they are barely bright enough. Test the light sets for leaks before putting them back into the pool.

Screenshot 2023-08-18 164634.png

Screenshot 2023-08-18 165212.png

• Like 1

That particular brand are not the best on the market. Trouble with changing brands is that they have different brackets and the water needs droping to fit the new ones. 99% of LED's are made in China.

PM me is you want a price on a new set. 

22 hours ago, jij said:

i've gone thru two sets of seven pool lights. The last batch only lasted two years. They were Emaux low voltage sealed in resin. i feel silly buying the same brand again, but was told by a pool supply owner that they were the best and that they must be sealed in reason.

Thoughts?

Suggestions?

Wise crack comments?

One possible cause of premature failure in LED pool lights. 

A while back my brother-in-law returned home with some failed LED pool lights from a local pool. Thinking about making repairs we dismantled the lights to find that the electronics sealed inside a clear compound has suffered corrosion and burning. Further investigation revealed water had found its way inside of the sealed area down the supply cable.

We later made a visit to the installation and found all poolside connections to the lights submersed in water because of pools flood over design.

This service bulletin from Hayward Pool Products points out this problem and the need to seal cable ends at the supply junction. 

https://deltatriluhur.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/hayward_underwaterlight_installation_guideline.pdf

22 hours ago, jij said:

Thoughts?

Suggestions?

Wise crack comments?

Have you got a diagram of how you are supplying power to the lights?

• Like 1