Where are the street vendors?

OneMoreFarang

I don't check every day and all the time. But recently on a couple of days I didn't see the usual street food vendors i.e. on Sukhumvit Soi 11 and Soi 23. 

There used to be some vendors who were at the same place for years. And now I don't see them - or any new vendors.

Did I just look at the wrong days and the wrong times? Or are many vendors gone? And if they are gone, why?

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't check every day and all the time. But recently on a couple of days I didn't see the usual street food vendors i.e. on Sukhumvit Soi 11 and Soi 23. 

There used to be some vendors who were at the same place for years. And now I don't see them - or any new vendors.

Did I just look at the wrong days and the wrong times? Or are many vendors gone? And if they are gone, why?

What vendors are you missing? Food, or tat?

8 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

What vendors are you missing? Food, or tat?

Food. Vendors which sell mostly to Thais like a Pat-Thai seller in Soi 23 and a Nea-Yang seller in Soi 11.

They used to sell in the same locations since years.

I know the weed sellers are not in Soi 11 anymore. Maybe they removed more than just the weed sellers. 

Edited by OneMoreFarang

5 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

Most have been banned. 

So whilst tourism comes to see the delight and culture of street food, the local governance want to emulate Singapore and for people to worship the cracked dangerous pavements. 

If you can't find food vendors at Krung Thep, you're not looking very hard.

YMMV ... but I never have a problem.