Strongest sleeping pills available without prescription?

BillStrangeOgre

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

If one wants to be up half a dozen times during the night peeing. Alcohol is a diuretic.

Two large Singhas and I am off like a baby before 10pm, and it is the local PA system which wakes me at 6am.

• Haha 1

I went through this a while ago and nothing strong avail over the counter. The stuff avail from the doctor is pretty nasty and some addictive. Thais take a very cheap antihistamine allergy pill, about 60 baht for 100. Your mrs probably knows them or u can explain to the pharmacist. They will knock you out but affected me sometimes the next day, like I was only half awake. If ur interested will get u the name. Chloramine or something like that from memory

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Not the strongest; however, I have found Codiphen ( Diphenhydramine, drowsy antihistamine ) works very well for me.

IME pharmacies in Thailand stock it. Non-addictive.

AFAIK barbiturates are the strongest sleep medications, they would only be available on prescription from a hospital pharmacy. Street pharmacies would not stock them.

Thanks but it would need to be something stronger than Codiphen. I have tried that but didn't work. I bought some last year that were strong but can't remember the name 

Cheers

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

I went through this a while ago and nothing strong avail over the counter. The stuff avail from the doctor is pretty nasty and some addictive. Thais take a very cheap antihistamine allergy pill, about 60 baht for 100. Your mrs probably knows them or u can explain to the pharmacist. They will knock you out but affected me sometimes the next day, like I was only half awake. If ur interested will get u the name. Chloramine or something like that from memory

Yeah, if you have the name, cheers

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’ve just done exactly that… & stuffed up the process.

Took a sleeping tablet at about 11pm… slept through to 11am !!!!

That pushed my ‘time re-assimilation’ in the opposite direction.

Travelling Eastwards It takes a week IMO ( from UK ) and going to the UK it takes 3-4 days to kick jet-lag.

I didn’t want to hit the sleeping pills for a load of consecutive days so I gave up & just dealt with it… then a week in took a ‘gummie’ (cannabis) which helped me nod off & get a solid nights sleep.

So, I’ll try the gummies next time.

It's been over a month for me trying to deal with a messed up sleep pattern. I'm awake all night then finally get off to sleep around 6am and in bed until midday!

Alcohol doesn't work for me. As soon as I stop I got back to the previous sleep pattern. I took some strong sleeping tablets here last time I was here which I bought over the counter but can't remember the name or the pharmacy! ????

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Not the strongest; however, I have found Codiphen ( Diphenhydramine, drowsy antihistamine ) works very well for me.

IME pharmacies in Thailand stock it. Non-addictive.

AFAIK barbiturates are the strongest sleep medications, they would only be available on prescription from a hospital pharmacy. Street pharmacies would not stock them.

Atarax as well dirt cheap

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Two large Singhas and I am off like a baby before 10pm, and it is the local PA system which wakes me at 6am.

Everyone is different, that would have me peeing like a garden hose.

2 minutes ago, proton said:

Atarax as well dirt cheap

Atarax is an antihistamine similar to Codiphen. I buy my Codiphen in Chiang Mai at Peera Pharmacy, 50 baht for 10 tablets. I have seen it as high as 130 baht in Chiang Rai.

46 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

You may mean chloral hydrate. Very powerful, it used to be known as a Mickey Finn in the days when people were shanghaied or robbed when incapacitated.

• Thanks 1

I’ve got some Clonazapam, Lorazapam & a something ‘ine’….

Had a sorting injury last year & founded sleeping difficult… MiL (now AKA my dealer !) hooked me with the above mentioned stash… it helped. 

I’ve never suffered decency issued before but can see how attractive popping a pill for good nights sleep is and can see how that could be habit forming.

The Dr’s seem to throw this stuff at patients… so, perhaps worth a visit to a clinic if you can’t find anything decent…. But, as I’m sure the reactions to this post will mention, be very careful. 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’ve got some Clonazapam, Lorazapam & a something ‘ine’….

Had a sorting injury last year & founded sleeping difficult… MiL (now AKA my dealer !) hooked me with the above mentioned stash… it helped. 

I’ve never suffered decency issued before but can see how attractive popping a pill for good nights sleep is and can see how that could be habit forming.

The Dr’s seem to throw this stuff at patients… so, perhaps worth a visit to a clinic if you can’t find anything decent…. But, as I’m sure the reactions to this post will mention, be very careful. 

Clonazepam is a newer generation benzo, highly addictive and and extremely painful to withdraw from.

Messing up your GABA receptors is the last thing on earth you wish to do.  Amazing that Thai doctors prescribe them like they were paracetamols. 

I'd go for Atarax or melatonin, in combination with a long walk.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, BillStrangeOgre said:

Yeah, if you have the name, cheers

chlorpheneramine   is the name of them. Any pharmacy will have them. I would start off trying half and move to one if you need it. I know a few mates who use them and don't have any side effects but me...next day running on 60% power, but I get that reaction to all antihistamine meds 

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Tramazone can be got some places, it's actually a anti-depressant but knocks you out. 50 mg before bed

I suggest the OP reads this or similar sites Trazodone Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD 

or Trazodone - Wikipedia

before following your potentially dangerous advice!

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1